[SOLVED] P400A vs Fractal Deisgn Meshify C? Which is better?

Solution
The Meshify is absolutely, 100% going to be the better case. It was designed from the ground up to be an airflow case, unlike the P400A which is a revision of an older case. I own the original P400, and even with the front panel off, it's pretty terrible for temps, even with only mid level hardware in it.
The Meshify is absolutely, 100% going to be the better case. It was designed from the ground up to be an airflow case, unlike the P400A which is a revision of an older case. I own the original P400, and even with the front panel off, it's pretty terrible for temps, even with only mid level hardware in it.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Solution
The design itself looks good and simple. Assuming three front fans are installed and they aren't garbage. Not the single front fan option. Unless you seal the other front openings with a single front fan. I'd think you'd just get a lot of hot air recirculation.

Both designs are quite similar. I don't see how one would be inherently better than the other. It all comes down to the quality of the fans and sealing any extraneous openings on the chassis for the front intake. To prevent recirculation by the front intake fans.

The design itself looks good and simple. Assuming three front fans are installed and they aren't garbage. Not the single front fan option. Unless you seal the other front openings with a single front fan. I'd think you'd just get a lot of hot air recirculation.

Both designs are quite similar. I don't see how one would be inherently better than the other. It all comes down to the quality of the fans and sealing any extraneous openings on the chassis for the front intake. To prevent recirculation by the front intake fans.

Where did you get this utterly bizarre idea from? You won't get any re-circulation of any kind. The one and only time that would be a consideration, would be if you had an exhaust and an intake fan too close together.

As for why the Meshify C is better, it's because the internal layout of the case was designed from the ground up with a mesh fronted, direct airflow pattern in mind. The original P400 was designed, seemingly specifically, for a front mounted, high static pressure fan and radiator setup. The P400A is a nice enough case, but the Meshify C is still the superior product.

Where did you get this utterly bizarre idea from? You won't get any re-circulation of any kind. The one and only time that would be a consideration, would be if you had an exhaust and an intake fan too close together.

The front mesh piece is not flush against the fans but offers restriction to airflow and creates an air chamber linking the three fan bays. If only one fan is installed. That front air chamber's pressure is reduced. While the pressure of the case interior is increased when the fan is turned on. As air will follow the path of least resistance and there is now an area of reduced pressure in the front of the case with little restriction of movement. Some of the air will drawn from the higher pressure case interior into the front air chamber and recirculated. Air is still drawn in through the front. However, the whole system becomes less efficient.

When all three front fans are installed. This isn't a problem. They all reduce air pressure in the front chamber and increase air pressure inside the case. As the air cannot move back to the front. It move out the rear, top and any gap or crevice it can into the room for pressure to equalize. As the air chamber in the front is reduced. But the three fans are preventing any air from the case returning. The air from the outside air is drawn in.

Sep 8, 2019

As for why the Meshify C is better, it's because the internal layout of the case was designed from the ground up with a mesh fronted, direct airflow pattern in mind. The original P400 was designed, seemingly specifically, for a front mounted, high static pressure fan and radiator setup. The P400A is a nice enough case, but the Meshify C is still the superior product.
Gamers Nexus said that the Meshify is just the Define C with a mesh from on it instead of a plastic panel. If that is true they are basically the same in that regard.

Reactions: Thebro40