P4S800D-X Motherboard Beep Code Mystery

Jason_Malachai

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
My P4S800D-X motherboard is giving me a beep code, and it doesn't seem to exist. It's back from 2003, it's a dinosaur, and the beep code is the following:
When I turn it on, it waits forty seconds and graces me with three quick beeps, and four not as quick beeps. Basically "Beepbeepbeep beep beep beep beep."
The closest I could get was one long beep and four short, but it's three quick and four short. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason_Malachai

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

Sorry, it was my mistake on not including this in the query, but there is no repeat. Just the three, then four. It doesn't repeat, and I just discovered that sometimes it adds a fourth beep to the fast sequenced.
Also, new knowledge that didn't exist about twenty minutes ago, it only happens when I don't have my video card in, which is an old Radeon. With the video card in, it has absolutely no beeps, and doesn't boot. But it does turn on.
Without the video card, it turns on, and in about 30-40 seconds, graces me with that beep code.

Also, if it's important, a new discovery, when I hold down the power button to force it off while it has no video card, it takes half a second for it to shut off, when it should take maybe 2 or 3, if I recall correctly.
Sorry for the lack of information when I posted that question, I'll try to keep this updated.

I don't believe the memory to be of any issue, as the RAM works fine in another dinosaur.