OCZdude

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2013
Hello All!

I had a few questions about my new case.
I would like to have positive pressure in my case so I would like to have your guys/girls opinions on it.

Case setup:
Case - Phanteks P500A DRGB (3 140 mm fans in front with 84,5 CFM each - Phanteks SK D-RGB 140 mm fans)
Kraken Z73 AIO - 3 120 mm FANS (18-73 CFM each)
One optional rear exhaust fan - 140-120 mm fan depending on what you guys suggest (I would like to have a 140 mm though as exhaust) - Corsair LL140 RGB - 51.5 CFM
Open GPU RTX 3080 Suprim X

So my questions are:

- If i implement the above-mentioned fan configuration, with a fan setup in which the front intake fans run at 50-60% all the time and the rear exhaust is a PWM fan which can fluctuate with the temp of the case itself, will that be a good setup?
-Is the rear exhaust fan overkill or would you suggest it?
-Should i make the rear exhaust an intake fan or will that mess up the whole airflow system?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I believe there's too many 'openings' in the chassis for you to be able to apply positive/negative pressure thing. It's applicable in more restricted chassis like NZXT's H500.

Pick your poison:
A)Prioritize cpu cooling by mounting the hybrid cooler in the front, and install top and rear exhausts.
B)Prioritize gpu cooling by mounting the hybrid cooler at the top. The rear fan is optional here:
-you could choose not to install it and the rear-most fan on the hybrid cooler will pull air from there; simply place a filter here
-you could seal it up and have the hybrid be the prime source of exhaust
-you could do an exhaust fan there, but I think it'll just be fighting with the fans on the hybrid

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I believe there's too many 'openings' in the chassis for you to be able to apply positive/negative pressure thing. It's applicable in more restricted chassis like NZXT's H500.

Pick your poison:
A)Prioritize cpu cooling by mounting the hybrid cooler in the front, and install top and rear exhausts.
B)Prioritize gpu cooling by mounting the hybrid cooler at the top. The rear fan is optional here:
-you could choose not to install it and the rear-most fan on the hybrid cooler will pull air from there; simply place a filter here
-you could seal it up and have the hybrid be the prime source of exhaust
-you could do an exhaust fan there, but I think it'll just be fighting with the fans on the hybrid

Solution

TRENDING THREADS