[SOLVED] P5N32-E drivers needed

jamespromiii

Honorable
Dec 23, 2018
I have a two questions, where am I able to find the drivers that belong with this motherboard? I bought it off eBay and it didn't come with a driver CD, I also checked Asus website and they only have a bios update. I'm running Windows 8 ATM. My second question is if I were to install another GPU for sli would the second one be running @ full speed? Thanks.

Solution
Windows 8 Drivers for 9800GT

Given all that's gone wrong with your system to this point, I'd probably do a format and restart from scratch. Get the drivers you think you might need and then reinstall Windows 8 from scratch.

If it works, great. If not, then you should either consider rolling back to a previous OS or starting a new system build.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Looks like that motherboard only officially supports up to Windows Vista. You can try to use Windows Vista Drivers, but I wouldn't expect them to work. If you know the manufacturer of the LAN/Audio chips (realtek, Intel, etc...) you might be able to find Windows 8 drivers for your specific chips.

SLI appears to be running x16/x16 is you're using both of the blue PCI-Ex16 slots.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Upon further review, it appears that NVidia drivers for the N680I chip set only go to Windows 7. Windows 8 is not supported, but you can try Windows 7 drivers. They're a better bet than the Vista Drivers.

NVidia Driver Download Page

Product Type: Legacy
Product Series: nForce 6 Series
Product: nForce 680i SLI
Operating system: Windows 7 (either 32-bit or 64-bit).
Language: select the appropriate one.

Then click Search.
Download and try to install the appropriate driver.

-Wolf sends

jamespromiii

Honorable
Dec 23, 2018

Any idea where I can find the make for each driver? I'm basically looking for the display driver and sound driver. It's strange it didn't pickup the video card I have plugged in now.

Wolfshadw

Titan
The VGA driver would come from NVidia's Driver download page.
Motherboard chipset drivers, I linked above.
For audio drivers, you'll need to search on "ADI 1988B".

SupremeFX looks to be an ASUS product, so you can look there, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

-Wolf sends

jamespromiii

Honorable
Dec 23, 2018

I tried nvidias page for the driver but for some reason it wouldn't install.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Depending on the age of your graphics card, you should be able to download and install Windows 8 drivers from NVidia under Geforce,
For your motherboard drivers, you can try and use the Window 7 Drivers from NVidia under Legacy (as above).
For on-board audio, you can try and find Windows 8 audio drivers for the "ADI 1988B" on Google, but if you only find Windows 7, you can try those.

These may work. They may not. Despite being functional back in the day, times have changed and on-going support has died off. If you can't get them to work, then it's time to start looking at a new system.

-Wolf sends