P6100 review

decode33

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I finally got my dell with the pentium P6100. It is just as the specs said. It is an i series cpu without the hyperthreading and a fraction reduced speed running at 2 ghz. It is amazingly fast. It is faster than a previous generation core2duo. It is like a core2duo 2.6 but more powerful. It played all my hd movies without breaking a sweat and with loads of multitasking. Anything I run on it completes in seconds. If somebody on a budget and wants all the performance of a i5 or i3 and is looking for something cheap this is it! Do not be fooled by the name pentium this is a i series processor. Do not buy the previous pentium t4500 it sucks. The P6100 and T4500 are of the same price but the P6100 is ten times better and is like an i series rather than a budget pentium. I saved 100 bucks buying the P6100 rather than the i3 and I am satisfied with my 399 dollar dell.

It's a basic dual core processor on 32nm process without hyperthreading.

It is NOT an i series. It's not even close to the performance of an i3. The i3 would destroy it in just about any application.

Glad your happy with it though :)

10 percent geek

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Decode 33 actually has a computer with this processor and so has some evidence to back their opinion, on what do you base your comments? :pfff:

decode33

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Well I am able to do everything with this p6100: play video games, watch hd movies with hdmi, do word processing, itunes. I think the only thing I will not be able to do is autocad or photoshop or video editing. Even my brothers i5 540m laptop craps out in autocad. P6100 is simply an i3 without hyperthreading (plus the lower clock speed). The only thing I will say that it is fast. Also you can update it with an i3 or i5 in the future if it isn't soldered. I got a 1710 benchmark score with the cpu tester program.