Question P7P55D LE two short beeps, one tone different from other, videocard problem only in windows

RalphFox

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
I have this old P7P55D LE with a OCZ500SXS2 500w, with a radeon 5750 HD it boots normally, with a single beep, no red lines artifacts at bios, only in windows.

I got a GTX 750TI and replaced the videocard, I get two beeps, the last one more higher pitched than the first one after a while the pc being left on (1 minute around?) it sounds like "Beep Bêêêp", the second beep one completely different from "long beeps" or "short beeps". The bios and post screen shows perfectly ok. As soon as it boots into windows, I get a lot of red lines in the screen. If I check the device manager, it shows that the "750 TI failed" and windows has shut it down. I tried installing the newest drivers for it, the installs completes and asks for me to restart, but the red lines still happens.

Power supply:
fnDcDtM.jpg

Video working fine in bios:
w3shIOS.jpg

WiKO4FS.jpg

Video working fine in post:
5gjE8aV.jpg

lZUnQx6.jpg

ku7EYQE.jpg

As soon as it gets in windows:
exp6qKi.jpg

How it looks in google chrome:
cuPthtE.jpg

Tried:
-Changing PCIE slots(tried on blue and then on white, same thing)
-Changing ram, ram slots(got 4x2GB and 2x8gb, tried all slot rams, always boots)
-Cleaning the pcie connector
-Taking out heatsink, pressing the ram chips and the gpu chip itself, putting all back in

Am not sure if it is the power supply, the video card itself, or the motherboard, cause it doesn't makes sense to have the red lines only in windows;

Currently don't have a spare pc/power supply/motherboard/dvi cable/vga cable to test the possibilities;

Anyone have an idea what could be? Thanks in advance and sorry for the big post;

Last edited: