Question Packet Loss Dota 2

brahmsPC

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
Hi.

I'm from the Philippines and recently subscribed to PLDT Fibr 15 Mbps.
While playing dota 2 (tested anytime of the day, even doing single pc test, disabling WLAN and other devices),
I always get packet loss. Ping is good, then sudden packet loss from time to time.

i did trace route the SEA server of dota 2 in cmd and this is what i got:

OCm43L.png

I am always getting that loss in hop11.

is this normal?

thanks

Your problem is with random packet loss tools like tracert may not see them if they do not happen while it happens to be testing a hop. You are better off doing this yourself letting multiple ping commands run to varies hops until you see some pattern.

The loss in hop 11 means nothing. It just means the device is configured to ignore ping and trace requests. You need to be very careful about interpreting this type of data. Routers in the path are configured to favor passing traffic over responding to tests like ping and tracert. This is partially to prevent denial of service attacks.

Reactions: brahmsPC

brahmsPC

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
Your problem is with random packet loss tools like tracert may not see them if they do not happen while it happens to be testing a hop. You are better off doing this yourself letting multiple ping commands run to varies hops until you see some pattern.

The loss in hop 11 means nothing. It just means the device is configured to ignore ping and trace requests. You need to be very careful about interpreting this type of data. Routers in the path are configured to favor passing traffic over responding to tests like ping and tracert. This is partially to prevent denial of service attacks.

Sry i didnt actually get the first part.
Is there anything i can do to fix these packet losses during game? Or is it something from my ISP?

You are not showing any packet loss only latency. What are you using to measure packet loss? If it is hop 11 it is completely out of your control, what are your other specs for your machine? As suggested above hop 11 is just not responding which is common on interfaces within an ISP network.

brahmsPC

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
You are not showing any packet loss only latency. What are you using to measure packet loss? If it is hop 11 it is completely out of your control, what are your other specs for your machine? As suggested above hop 11 is just not responding which is common on interfaces within an ISP network.

In dota 2, there is a realtime status of your latency and packet loss. Im also continuosly pinging the server in which i am connected while playinga, which from time to time, im getting "Request time out"

TRENDING THREADS