Paper Jam in HP Business InkJet 3000

robin

Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do about a paper jam in an Inkjet
3000? The paper never actually jammed - it just feeds halfway in and stops.
There was never an instance of it jamming and me having to pull it out and
shredding it.

My printer is less than a month out of warranty. It probably just popped a
spring or something simple. But according to HP customer service these are
my options: Send it in to be repaired for $526. Buy a refurbisned one for
$739. Trade-up to a 2300n for $600-something. Now I can buy a brand new
one on HP's website for $599 so why the #$%^ would I want to pay $140 more
than that for a reburbished one? And how is 2300n a tradeup when it is
slower and the max monthly capacity is 20,000 pages LESS than the 3000? Oh
yeah - their extended warranty costs almost as much as the printer, which
makes it cost-prohibitive - what you're basically doing is paying for 2
printers.

"Robin" <servicenospam@aronsonpartnership.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do about a paper jam in an Inkjet
> 3000? The paper never actually jammed - it just feeds halfway in and stops.
> There was never an instance of it jamming and me having to pull it out and
> shredding it.

You might try posting in the HP Forum at:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/familyhome.do?familyId=412

I suspect the problem is the paper sensor, someone in the HP forum may be able
to give some good hints on fixing this. Parts for this printer are available
from:
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=modinfo&model=INKJET_3000_SERIES

Regards,
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

robin

Thanks - I submitted a question over there. I appreciate the info.