Question Partition wizard did something bad to my hdd.

Razor1304

Reputable
Jul 12, 2019
Good day, ladies and gentlemen.
My story: Yesterday i decided to devide my 2tb hdd (with data on it and this is not system drive) into 2 partitions. I had almost 800gb free space on it and have made a 250gb partition with mini tool partition wizard.
The proccess completed with no mistakes, but after that i could not open my drive cause of "disk drive damaged" error. I restared my pc and chkdisk utility autostarted and fixed this error. Then i got "no permission, access denied" error. So i gave the permissions and finally opened my drive.
There is my problem: I cant open any application or game from that drive because of "Bad Image" (see attached pic, my error code is 0xc000012f). Also i cant open some of my pics cause of "unsupported format" error. Seems like every 10th picture is corrupted like a god damn decimation. Im not sure if every PNG file is broken or just some pics (cant check now, im at work). Also, i found that vcredist.exe files in Battlefield 1 folder are working just fine but i didnt look up for other exe files to check them. Before going to bad i ran checkdisk one more time with no positive result.
I can reinstall every app on that drive, there is no problem. But i need to recover pics, so i need your help. Thank you.

Last edited:
No.

When you launch DMDE and select a particular HDD, it opens with a window which shows the found partitions. Instead you have shown us the results of an NTFS search. The full search takes a long time, but the initial Partitions window is displayed within a matter of seconds.

Reactions: Razor1304
Your original file system was $Volume03. Unfortunately the Indicators (xCxx) are telling us that the MFT has been overwritten.

The problem appears to be that the first partition, originally located at sector 206848, has been moved to sector 2048. What you should have done was to defragment the original partition, truncate it by 320GB, and then add the new 320GB partition.

In short, there is no simple fix that I can see.

Razor1304

Reputable
Jul 12, 2019
Your original file system was $Volume03. Unfortunately the Indicators (xCxx) are telling us that the MFT has been overwritten.

The problem appears to be that the first partition, originally located at sector 206848, has been moved to sector 2048. What you should have done was to defragment the original partition, truncate it by 320GB, and then add the new 320GB partition.

In short, there is no simple fix that I can see.
Thank you, mister. But i dont understand. Fix for what? For recovering damaged files?