Patent Troll Claims Notebook Cooling Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Why doesn't somebody just jump the gun already and file a patent on the Von Neumann Architecture effectively ensuring a payout for every IBM Based computer for the next 20 years. What is this industry coming to?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
STFU AND READ THIS BEFORE POSTING FURTHER.

the patent system is broken (non physical tech wise) when rounded edged icons can get a parent. however saying the patent system wrong is asinine.

lets say you came up with a way to cool a cpu better than anyone else. and i mean 10% over the current best minimum. you detail your design, you file a patent, and this protects you from bigger companies taking the idea using it, and crushing you out of business.

in the non physical tech world, there needs to be a patent pool. where everyone get licenses, all get it fairly, and the same value no matter who you are.

for the physical, the patent system needs to root out all vague patents. if i can site an example, look at the magnavox first game system. the guy who made it detailed EVERYTHING so precisely, that he proved that another company stole his idea, and used it, and he got a settlement for it. THATS how the patent system should work, non of this sending an email from a cellphone bulls@#$ we have now.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Last week I patented the process in which a user posts a comment on Tom's Hardware articles. Anyone who has already posted or who posts comments from now on owes me money! I take cheques, money orders, credit cards and large cash settlements, and I have no intention of ever exercising my own ability to post comments from now on. Now if anybody wants me, I'll be stroking my cat and chuckling ominously!

None of this type of crap would happen with a good, strong totalitarian dictatorship in place. You'd think twice about filing this kind of idiot lawsuit if you were liable to get disbarred and have henchmen show up at your door. No more playing the legal system like the lottery.

Capt. Taco for dictator.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i thought Intel included cpu speed control when its cpu starts to get hot back in the P4 days. then AMD followed. if the system gets hot, the cpu will be the first to notice this.

1fastbiker

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Whoever approved this patent at the patent office should get FIRED, it is an invalid patent based on OBVIOUSNESS

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
[citation][nom]gerchokas[/nom]hehe love the headline ...headlines! that was MY idea![/citation]
And if you win, the other guy will end up paying through their ass.

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]I patent the way i wipe my ass. If anyone shall wipe their ass like me, i shall sue them![/citation]
And if you win, the other guy will end up paying through their ass.

EDIT: Disregard my previous comment. I'm an idiot and didn't realize I clicked the wrong box.

lucas1024

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
WTH is that drawing?! Is "activity detector" a basic electronics component? The Patent Office needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up, patenting *ideas* should stop. If you have an idea, build a prototype and then you can have a patent. If you tell your idea to a company and they use it, then you can be entitled to something. If you had your idea, but didn;t tell anybody and then a company came up with the same idea, then go screw yourself.
This patent BS is even more aggravating than politics! Forget any of my ideas here - ANYthing other than what we have now is going to be better.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Until they revamp and overhaul the patent system, this is never going to end. I really wish people that went and patented something, but never made anything based off of said patent, should have it invalidated. But thats just wishful thinking, I suppose...

netbanshee

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Someone using the system against itself. It's the American way.If you don't like the way the system works then change it! Also the American way!!! ;)

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]lucky015[/nom]You have got to love the American Injustice system.Yes, I meant exactly what I said.[/citation]
you are so very correct, the US judicial system sucks big time, look at how that monster of a woman got away with murder....WTF is going on?

custodian-1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Benihana[/nom]And if you win, the other guy will end up paying through their ass.EDIT: Disregard my previous comment. I'm an idiot and didn't realize I clicked the wrong box.[/citation]

Now that's the patent that would make a lot of money

I would like to see the morn brainless troll who awarded this type of nonsense patents. Are they getting some type of kickbacks? I think you (Tom's) should investigate who awards these stupid patents and put a photo of the asssswipe next to the patents.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]you are so very correct, the US judicial system sucks big time, look at how that monster of a woman got away with murder....WTF is going on?[/citation]

Hmmm, so you actually KNOW and have PROOF she did it?
Shame, why have YOU not been a witness for the prosecution?

Folks, don't believe everything the media tells you; neither over a trumped up and sensationalized murder case (if she even "did it") nor of how a 14" screen made it into a 13" notebook.

Reporters in general are not the brightest bunch; that's why they 'report' stuff instead of actually 'making' stuff. Than again, some reporters 'make up' stuff too.

OK, that's enough stuff for now :)

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
The general problem is as I see it, that you in the US produce too many lawyers and too few engineers. So these lawyers need to constantly find something to be busy with /even if it's futile and obviously out of reason/, just to leverage their overly high salary.
And in the process, they hurt your legal system, not only patent system, to a point, where the rest of the world, more and more frequently begins to ask itself /are you sane and/ if it woldn't be cheaper just to revoke it completely for the rest of the world and to stop paying attention to your claims - completely. peace :)

Status
Not open for further replies.