Pav 8755C Video upgrade

Guy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003

Hello group, I want to upgrade the video on a Pavilion 8755C. It has
integrated graphics so a PCI video card is my only option. The problem is I
could not locate in the bios where to disable the onboard video only memory
sharing between 512kb and 1mb. I want to be sure that the onboard video will
be disabled. Thank you. Guy

Doesn't disable in the bios-- disables in Device Manager

Guy wrote:
> Hello group, I want to upgrade the video on a Pavilion 8755C. It has
> integrated graphics so a PCI video card is my only option. The
> problem is I could not locate in the bios where to disable the
> onboard video only memory sharing between 512kb and 1mb. I want to be
> sure that the onboard video will be disabled. Thank you. Guy

Well I have an 8655c and I upgraded my video card as well. Nor could I
disable the old on the motherboard card either under the BIOS. Even though
the BIOS help said that disable was one of the options, when it wasn't.

Although this doesn't seem to be a problem. As when you plug in a new video
card into the PCI slot, this card automatically becomes the main display.
And the internal Intel 810 one becomes secondary. Disabling the Intel under
the Device Manager sort of works, but I had some problems with this idea.

What worked best for me was under Display in the Control Panel, and clicking
on the Setting tab, you can uncheck the other Intel display. This worked
well for both Windows 98SE and Windows 2000 for me.

Cheers!

Bill (using a HP Pavilion 8655c & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 15:21:51 GMT, "Guy" <guizer@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello group, I want to upgrade the video on a Pavilion 8755C. It has
> integrated graphics so a PCI video card is my only option. The problem is I
> could not locate in the bios where to disable the onboard video only memory
> sharing between 512kb and 1mb. I want to be sure that the onboard video will
> be disabled. Thank you. Guy

TRENDING THREADS