[SOLVED] PC and Playstation 5 hooked up to same multi-monitor issue

justpassingthrough

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
I'm running a three monitor setup with an ASUS VB28U on the right, ASUS ROG PG279Q in the middle, and ASUS VW246 on the left. Since the middle monitor is 4K, it's what I primarily game on and when I got a PS5, I wanted to hook it up to that instead of using my old 720p Vizio TV. I'm able to hook it up to the monitor, switch sources to HDMI(using DisplayPort for PC), and it looks great. And while this is going on, I can still use my PC via the right and left monitors for web browser and Discord and what have you. I use my middle monitor as my primary monitor and it is where I keep the taskbar. If it matters, I'm using a GTX 3070 graphics card.

The problem is that every so often, at variable times while playing the PS5, the screens will kind of glitch out, the taskbar will move to the right side monitor, and while I can still see stuff displayed on the left side monitor, I can't move my mouse over to it. I have to "reset" things by switching the middle monitor back to DisplayPort(to show the PC) and then switch back. And eventually it'll glitch out again.

What can I do to remedy this issue?

Solution
try managing them through Windows Display settings then.
i haven't had any issue using a dual monitor setup with a 4K 120Hz TV and an ultra-wide 120Hz 2K monitor controlled through Windows.

you can also try different cables.
if some are just a bit loosely connected, but may feel firm, this sort of lost setup can happen.
as they may disconnect\reconnect their screen arrangement can be altered.
what are you using to control the multi-monitor setup; to decide which display is where, what they're showing, etc?

if using Windows;
i've seen multiple reports just lately about the Desktop Window Manager(dwm.exe) not working correctly after some of the latest OS updates.

if using a 3rd party software;
uninstall & reinstall it and see if your settings start to stay in place.

justpassingthrough

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
I use the NVIDIA Control Panel to manage my displays. I actually had just reinstalled it since I changed graphics cards last week. The old card was a GTX 3060, and before anyone asks, my current problem also existed with that card as well.

try managing them through Windows Display settings then.
i haven't had any issue using a dual monitor setup with a 4K 120Hz TV and an ultra-wide 120Hz 2K monitor controlled through Windows.

you can also try different cables.
if some are just a bit loosely connected, but may feel firm, this sort of lost setup can happen.
as they may disconnect\reconnect their screen arrangement can be altered.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS