Question pc at 100 ° C idle

Jul 6, 2021
My pc has been overheating at..100° idle for last two month
i ve changed my motherboard , thermal paste and reattached the liquid cooler also and still it is overheating..\
PLEASE help i ve wasted too much money and time on this [redacted].

PC SPECS-
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
RAM
32 GB
MOTHERBOARD
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
MSI Z390A PRO ( Previous one!!!!)
COOLER
NXZT M22 120 RPM

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Pull up Task Manager and take note of the resources used when you're idling. Make and model of your PSU in the build and it's age? One more thing, you should've been on a 240mm AIO instead of a 120mm AIO, to deal with the heat on that processor.

Reactions: drgamesalot

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
My pc has been overheating at..100° idle for last two month
i ve changed my motherboard , thermal paste and reattached the liquid cooler also and still it is overheating..\
PLEASE help i ve wasted too much money and time on this [redacted].

PC SPECS-
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
RAM
32 GB
MOTHERBOARD
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
MSI Z390A PRO ( Previous one!!!!)
COOLER
NXZT M22 120 RPM

Seems odd to replace the motherboard before trying a different cooler. Cooling is a simple exercise in thermodynamics; either the cooler isn't mounted properly or the cooler isn't working.

Reactions: drgamesalot
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Pull up Task Manager and take note of the resources used when you're idling. Make and model of your PSU in the build and it's age? One more thing, you should've been on a 240mm AIO instead of a 120mm AIO, to deal with the heat on that processor.
My PSU is coolermaster masterwatt 750 bronze
And only 6% is being used

Jul 6, 2021
Seems odd to replace the motherboard before trying a different cooler. Cooling is a simple exercise in thermodynamics; either the cooler isn't mounted properly or the cooler isn't working.
ya ive taken it to 3 repair centers they told change motherboard and they said my cooler is fine but i doubt it...im doctor so i dont have much idea on this field