Question PC beeping when i click on my right mouse button too fast

Sep 24, 2019
I'd like to bump this as well. Today my laptop (running on Win 10), whilst playing Overwatch, ran into some problems with right-clicking with my mouse. If I right clicked a few times in rapid succession, the laptop would beep (a two-beep short in-succession sound) at me. It would also freeze my screen for a small delay of perhaps, 0.25 seconds but it's very noticeable and annoying in an FPS game. Prior to today's events, I've not changed anything that would cause this behaviour to occur, nor have I downloaded or updated anything since. I have ensured I am running on all the latest drivers, shut down and restarted my laptop three times but to no avail. I cannot possibly think of a reason or solution to this.

EDIT: I have tried different USB ports for the same mouse. No difference no matter which port it is in. I have also swapped my regular gaming mouse (EC2-A) for a wireless mouse and it has the same problem if I right-click a few times in rapid succession. This leads me to believe there is some internal error, but it is still strange to why it has only acted up now when yesterday it was fine with no problems, but this afternoon, trouble started.

jurka.kalina

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I'd like to bump this as well. Today my laptop (running on Win 10), whilst playing Overwatch, ran into some problems with right-clicking with my mouse. If I right clicked a few times in rapid succession, the laptop would beep (a two-beep short in-succession sound) at me. It would also freeze my screen for a small delay of perhaps, 0.25 seconds but it's very noticeable and annoying in an FPS game. Prior to today's events, I've not changed anything that would cause this behaviour to occur, nor have I downloaded or updated anything since. I have ensured I am running on all the latest drivers, shut down and restarted my laptop three times but to no avail. I cannot possibly think of a reason or solution to this.

EDIT: I have tried different USB ports for the same mouse. No difference no matter which port it is in. I have also swapped my regular gaming mouse (EC2-A) for a wireless mouse and it has the same problem if I right-click a few times in rapid succession. This leads me to believe there is some internal error, but it is still strange to why it has only acted up now when yesterday it was fine with no problems, but this afternoon, trouble started.
If you find solution, please message me. This is so annoying.

Oct 12, 2019
I have the same problem with the strange beeping on fast rightclicks, on overwatch and on minecraft as well, i tried a lot of different mouses, disconnected almost all usb devices updated everything but noting helps. Sad part is the pc is almost brand new hp omen.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts