Question PC beeping when i click on my right mouse button too fast

Sep 24, 2019
I'd like to bump this as well. Today my laptop (running on Win 10), whilst playing Overwatch, ran into some problems with right-clicking with my mouse. If I right clicked a few times in rapid succession, the laptop would beep (a two-beep short in-succession sound) at me. It would also freeze my screen for a small delay of perhaps, 0.25 seconds but it's very noticeable and annoying in an FPS game. Prior to today's events, I've not changed anything that would cause this behaviour to occur, nor have I downloaded or updated anything since. I have ensured I am running on all the latest drivers, shut down and restarted my laptop three times but to no avail. I cannot possibly think of a reason or solution to this.

EDIT: I have tried different USB ports for the same mouse. No difference no matter which port it is in. I have also swapped my regular gaming mouse (EC2-A) for a wireless mouse and it has the same problem if I right-click a few times in rapid succession. This leads me to believe there is some internal error, but it is still strange to why it has only acted up now when yesterday it was fine with no problems, but this afternoon, trouble started.

jurka.kalina

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I'd like to bump this as well. Today my laptop (running on Win 10), whilst playing Overwatch, ran into some problems with right-clicking with my mouse. If I right clicked a few times in rapid succession, the laptop would beep (a two-beep short in-succession sound) at me. It would also freeze my screen for a small delay of perhaps, 0.25 seconds but it's very noticeable and annoying in an FPS game. Prior to today's events, I've not changed anything that would cause this behaviour to occur, nor have I downloaded or updated anything since. I have ensured I am running on all the latest drivers, shut down and restarted my laptop three times but to no avail. I cannot possibly think of a reason or solution to this.

EDIT: I have tried different USB ports for the same mouse. No difference no matter which port it is in. I have also swapped my regular gaming mouse (EC2-A) for a wireless mouse and it has the same problem if I right-click a few times in rapid succession. This leads me to believe there is some internal error, but it is still strange to why it has only acted up now when yesterday it was fine with no problems, but this afternoon, trouble started.
If you find solution, please message me. This is so annoying.

Oct 12, 2019
I have the same problem with the strange beeping on fast rightclicks, on overwatch and on minecraft as well, i tried a lot of different mouses, disconnected almost all usb devices updated everything but noting helps. Sad part is the pc is almost brand new hp omen.

Oct 24, 2019
I have the same problem with the strange beeping on fast rightclicks, on overwatch and on minecraft as well, i tried a lot of different mouses, disconnected almost all usb devices updated everything but noting helps. Sad part is the pc is almost brand new hp omen.

I TOO am having this issue and have been trying to figure out what's causing it. This is the first time I've even been able to find people with the same issue as me as I've only recently realized it was the right mouse click. It happens in Minecraft a lot and also in FFXIV. It's happened with more than one mouse as well. I created an account specifically to find this answer. My laptop is also an HP Omen less than a year old.

Oct 12, 2019
I TOO am having this issue and have been trying to figure out what's causing it. This is the first time I've even been able to find people with the same issue as me as I've only recently realized it was the right mouse click. It happens in Minecraft a lot and also in FFXIV. It's happened with more than one mouse as well. I created an account specifically to find this answer. My laptop is also an HP Omen less than a year old.
I think i found the solution, i went to a hp forum and they told me to quit the hp omem command center, i deinstalled it amd the beep never occours since then

Oct 24, 2019
I think i found the solution, i went to a hp forum and they told me to quit the hp omem command center, i deinstalled it amd the beep never occours since then
Oh interesting. I'll have to try that out. I admit I thought it was kind of useful as a way to monitor my temperatures at least.

Sep 24, 2019
If you find solution, please message me. This is so annoying.
Hi! I'm not sure whether this is still relevant for you or for any other person with the same issue. But, I found in my case, apple's software, namely iTunes and a stupid software called 'Bonjour' associated with iTunes was causing problems for my Operating System. I had to re-image my windows which meant I had to reinstall everything again and it removed the beeping from right-clicking. However, the moment I re-downloaded iTunes and its shenanigans, the beeping came back. So I had it re-imaged a second time, this time without downloading iTunes (Never again) and I haven't had problems since. I'd recommend if iTunes is not the cause of your problem, re-image windows (Yes, it's a pain, I know). Unless you have solved it yourself. Otherwise, hope it gets fixed for you.

Jan 10, 2020
If none of the solutions work. U can do the thing i did. I didn't fix the problem I avoided the problem. I made a new configuration set in steelseries engine so that when I'm playing OW the system thinks I'm pressing L when I'm pressing right click. Then just Bind L to secondary fire and the problem is avoided. I personally don't know what is causing the problem so this was the only solution for me. And when I read all these other answers i realized that we all have one thing in common. HP

Jan 14, 2020
Thank you!!! I am so glad you helped me. Yes indeed, this is the reason. I also had this problem and it has annoyed me for over a month!