Question PC beeps when I install 4 sticks

Aug 6, 2023
PC Info:
Mobo: Lenovo 376A
Bios Ver: 05UKT18A
i9 13900KF, RTX 4080

The system was shipped with Samsung 2x16GB DDR5 5600mhz ram, from my old PC, I have this ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x32GB DDR5 5600MHZ

When I got the PC, task manager said the Ram speed was 4400mhz.
In the BIOS, XMP was not there. So I installed my corsair ram 4x32GB and the speed was still 4400mhz but in the BIOS, the XMP button appeared. (Was it locked?)
So I enabled XMP and then there was beeps, on their support page the beep codes mean "Memory not detected"
So I took 2 sticks out and left the Corsair ram in dual channel.

Now my system works and runs at 5600mhz speeds 2x16GB ram but I just have no use for the other 2 sticks now because if I put them in, I get beep noises.

I don't understand why this happens and what I can do to fix it. If anyone knows why or can explain in simple terms
I want to use all Corsair 4x16GB ddr5 5600mhz ram sticks.

Do you have a 2 x 32gb ram kit, or is that a typo? 4 x 32gb??
Exactly what ram kits do you have?
Assuming you have two 2 x 16gb kits, you may or may not be able to get 64gb out of it.
With 2 or 4 sticks installed, you would still run in dual channel mode.
You have mismatched ram which can cause problems.
The actual ram sticks have specs embedded in the xmp profiles in the actual ram itself.
They identify speed, timings and the voltage necessary to run that kit at advertised speeds.
The xmp profiles could be different with two kits.

4400 speed is the default ram speed at which the bios will boot.
To go faster, you need to specify higher speed and voltages.

Install just one kit that works.
Then specify the speed and timings that you hope to run at.
For voltage, you will need to increase the ram voltage past the normal 1.25v to get all 4 sticks to work.
Perhaps to as much as 1.35v.
Then install the other two sticks and see how you do.

Finally,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
Running 4 DIMMs instead of 2 DIMMs, especially at higher XMP overclock frequencies, can result in problems. Ideally, all 4 DIMMs should be from a single kit, not two dissimilar kits from different manufacturers.

You might be able to get both kits running together at 4400MT/s (JEDEC default?) but 5600MT/s may be impossible, without additional manual tweaking. Try relaxing the CL (CAS) value by a few clock cycles after switching on XMP.

If your apps really do need more RAM, the best option is to ditch both of your old kits and buy a new pair of higher capacity DIMMs that are included in the mobo Qualified Vendor List.

It is much easier to overclock RAM if you only fit two DIMMs in a standard consumer desktop mobo.