Sep 6, 2024
Hello, my specs are:
Motherboard - Asus Rog Strix b650e-f
CPU - Ryzen 9 7900X
GPU - EVGA Rtx 3070
RAM - DDR5 2x16gb corsair dominator platinum at 6000mhz
PSU - NZXT C1200 Gold
OS - Windows 11

So my issue is the PC black screens when underload, causing the fans to ramp up and having to hold the power button down to shut it down and turn it back on.

Now I need to give some context, I upgraded to AM5 including Mobo, cpu and ram around 2 months ago, at that time I had a corsair RM850e power supply and its when I noticed this issue while playing games like Call of duty or Cyberpunk, it would happen within minutes of playing.
After trying to figure out the issue for many days I used a software called "OCCT" to deduct that the PSU was either dying or just couldnt handle so much wattage, I concluded this because running any test separately runs fine, but running the "Power" test crashes legit instantly or after 1-2 seconds.
So I upgraded to NZXT C1200, and I ran the power test for a minute and stopped it as all was good.

Until today, I installed Overwatch and launched it, that game isnt demanding but for some reason it always had a thing when you launch the game my fans would ramp up for a bit and then it would go away, well I spent 30 - 60 seconds in the firing range and the PC blue screened, so then I decided to run the OCCT power test and it instantly crashed again with the new PSU that is less than 2 months old and definitely has enough watts to power the PC.

Now notice how I said that on Overwatch it blue screened. On my old RM850e psu, as I remember the first crash was a BSOD while playing cyberpunk, but every subsequent crash was just my monitors turning black and me having to reboot the PC. Now with the New PSU the Overwatch was a BSOD, but anything after that are black screens again. I feel like this might be somehow important?

Another thing to note is I can put the CPU on eco mode which draws a lot less power, and the PC doesnt crash even on the OCCT which is a lot more extreme compared to games, I realise I could just leave that on, the performance drop is small, but i'd like all the performance I can get and peace of mind.

BTW event viewer just says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly"

Any ideas as to what is causing this or am I just unlucky? Thanks in advance

triplex1

Great
Jun 2, 2024
change the power socket you plug in your pc or look at ups if you have any problems, then I would look at your motherboard and the power supply, which doesn't matter if it's 1200 and new