[SOLVED] PC Blackscreen crashing and restarting (No BSOD)

Feb 10, 2021
My PC is crashing while I do anything,when watching YT videos and gaming as well. Nothing too power intensive. Blackscreen and restart, no warning whatsoever.
Ive Memtested my RAM, tested the CPU using the Intel diagnostics tool and reseated my GPU as well, also updated my drivers and BIOs. Im really not sure whats happening, I have also been watching my thermals and it wasnt too high. The only thing im thinking is psu or my GPU is faulty... but ive been able to play games absolutely fine soo.

Specs are:
i7-8700
CX650M
RTX3070 TUF
4x8 GB HyperX 2666Mhz Ram
WD blue M.2 500GB SSD
Mobo is the b360 Prime M-ATX board

I did leave the computer unused for a duration of around 8 months (except GPU and RAM)

Solution
Can you try the gpu in another computer? I have seen a bad gpu crash a pc and a bad ps do the same, however, if both are know to be good then the cpu power phases on the mb could be going bad. Switching electronics can make clicking sounds.
Feb 10, 2021
use occt and stress test psu for about 10 min take note of voltages before and on test for the gpu use gpu-z rendering option and see if it hold on .
I just tested it, (its currently running now with 20 tabs open on chrome as well) Power seems pretty normal during the test, nothing flucuating, power usage on GPU hovering at about 240W. And temps are still pretty standard at appox 70C for both CPU and GPU

Feb 10, 2021
that gpu ask for a 750 watts psu so your could be to low on power and cut off for safety see if you could try a more powerful psu in system .
Just double checked, both NVIDIA and Asus are recommending 650W PSUs for a 3070, Asus recommends 750W if overclocked, but im only running base speeds. I really dont want to dish out another hundred bucks for a PSU

Feb 10, 2021
My PC is crashing while I do anything,when watching YT videos and gaming as well. Nothing too power intensive. Blackscreen and restart, no warning whatsoever.
Ive Memtested my RAM, tested the CPU using the Intel diagnostics tool and reseated my GPU as well, also updated my drivers and BIOs. Im really not sure whats happening, I have also been watching my thermals and it wasnt too high. The only thing im thinking is psu or my GPU is faulty... but ive been able to play games absolutely fine soo.

Ive replaced my PSU already, and after replacing, there is an audible click when it restarts.

Specs are:
i7-8700
TX750M
RTX3070 TUF
4x8 GB HyperX 2666Mhz Ram
WD blue M.2 500GB SSD
Mobo is the b360 Prime M-ATX board

I did leave the computer unused for a duration of around 8 months (except GPU and RAM)

Puffnstuff

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Can you try the gpu in another computer? I have seen a bad gpu crash a pc and a bad ps do the same, however, if both are know to be good then the cpu power phases on the mb could be going bad. Switching electronics can make clicking sounds.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS