Question PC blackscreens after boot

Jan 8, 2024
I bought a new GPU a couple of months ago, and since then, my PC randomly blackscreens. The GPU's RGB lights turn off, but the system continues running, and audio still works. My PC need multiple attempts to boot. The motherboard has two lights the white one indicates VGA, and the green one indicates boot. Both lights are on, monitor shows no signal and GPU's RGB light is off but the fans are spinning.

When it successfully boots up, the GPU's RGB light turns on, and only the boot light is on. I thought my PSU was too weak, so I got a new one, but the issue is still there.

Specs:

• CPU: i5-11600k
  • GPU: 3060 Ti Palit Dual (new), 1660 Super (old)
  • RAM: 32GB
  • Motherboard: Z590 Plus WiFi
  • New PSU: RM750x
  • Old PSU: VS650
What I have tried:

• Tested the GPU (3060 Ti) in a different system (it worked fine)
  • Tried different RAM sticks
  • Tested a different GPU (3060 non-Ti)
  • CMOS reset
  • Reinstalled BIOS
  • Replugged all power connectors
  • Reinstalled windows multiple times
  • Tested different HDMI/DP cables
  • Tested different monitors
  • Tried 2nd PCIe slot

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Since you have an iGPU, you can boot to OS without a discrete GPU and use DDU to remove all GPU(AMD and Nvidia) drivers. Then power down, drop in your new GPU and then install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? FYI, you did good replacing that PSU.

Jan 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Since you have an iGPU, you can boot to OS without a discrete GPU and use DDU to remove all GPU(AMD and Nvidia) drivers. Then power down, drop in your new GPU and then install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? FYI, you did good replacing that PSU.
sorry for the late response. i uninstalled the driver with DDU(in safemode) and installed the latest driver(546.65) but still get the blackscreen. my motherboard BIOS version is 1801