Question PC blackscreens and reboots while playing games.

Oct 28, 2021
When I'm playing games, after around an hour of doing so my PC will just randomly blacks screen and then reboot. Sometimes right after it reboots and I login to my windows, it'll just reboot again, and do this a couple of times. If it does it a couple of times it'll let me know that Windows encountered a problem in booting and that I can either reboot the PC, or look at other options. I'll list my specs below because this is a brand new PC and the problem sprung up out of nowhere. So far I've checked my RAM, temps, GPU, and CPU via stress tests. I have also disabled automatic restart in Windows. None of it was cause for concern and I'm at a loss for what to do. PC was built just back in July.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: Zotac 3070 ti amp holo
PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+ gold
RAM: G.skill trident z rgb, 3600 MHz CL16
Mobo: NZXT N7 B550
Cooler: NZXT Krazen z73 AIO

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Play your game. Run MSI Afterburner as an overlay and watch the gpu temps, power delivery %, motherboard temps/case temps etc. Blackscreens are common issues for an overheating gpu, which you won't see on a standard stress test because the Case isn't getting hot enough with just the gpu/cpu running solo. If your airflow (and I don't mean just filling available holes with fans) in the case isn't upto snuff, it'll gradually heat up with an intense gaming load until the point where neither the gpu nor cpu can breathe right.

Oct 28, 2021
Play your game. Run MSI Afterburner as an overlay and watch the gpu temps, power delivery %, motherboard temps/case temps etc. Blackscreens are common issues for an overheating gpu, which you won't see on a standard stress test because the Case isn't getting hot enough with just the gpu/cpu running solo. If your airflow (and I don't mean just filling available holes with fans) in the case isn't upto snuff, it'll gradually heat up with an intense gaming load until the point where neither the gpu nor cpu can breathe right.
I'll be sure to do that, but it's not happening only when I game. It'll happen right after booting into Windows at times too.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Have you done a DDU for graphics drivers through safe mode? A driver conflict can cause that problem too. Checked for malware and viruses (not the same thing, uses different software to check), used anything like CCleaner to flush out temp files and all the garbage pc's collect?