[SOLVED] PC boot problem ?

Oct 2, 2021
When I turn on my pc my monitor says "no signal" so turns off. After a couple seconds the monitor turns back on then the spinning icon freezes then the monitor shuts off again. It comes back once more then finally gets to the desktop. The computer seems to stay on the whole time while this happens (rgb on the fans and the fans themselves keep spinning). But the lights on my keyboard and mouse turn on and off while this happens.

Solution
Well that depends on the result. If you reboot and the problem has gone (in Normal mode) then your good to go. When you boot into Safe mode with networking it will allow you to download a new driver to fix an issue.

Please also check your system32 for any possible corruption.
Open an elevated Command Prompt and type in SFC /SCANNOW
This will interrogate your sytems32 files and attempt a fix if there is an issue. Report that result.
Oct 2, 2021
Please list your full system specs for best advice.
Your MB should have a series of LEDs for trouble shooting and would be listed in your MB manual. (Depends on the MB )
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Rx 5500 xt
MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi
OLOy DDR4 (2x8gb)
Corsair CX 550M
Seagate Barracuda 2tb
Silicon Power A55 256gb SSD

Oct 2, 2021
Your MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi Motherboard has trouble shooting LEDs to the top right of your MB and are for CPU, RAM, VGA and Boot.
Do any of these light up and stay lit during POST?
No, they light up for a couple seconds then turn off. They do that every time until the pc finally boots to the desktop

OK, Go into Device Manager and see if you have any yellow triangles in any category that indicate a bad or corrupted driver.
If you have any then delete them and report back.
Upon reboot they will reinstall and maybe fix the issue.
Note the driver effected and check the manufacturers web site for the latest driver.

Oct 2, 2021
OK, Go into Device Manager and see if you have any yellow triangles in any category that indicate a bad or corrupted driver.
If you have any then delete them and report back.
Upon reboot they will reinstall and maybe fix the issue.
Note the driver effected and check the manufacturers web site for the latest driver.
When I reboot it do I boot into safe mode or back to normal mode?

Well that depends on the result. If you reboot and the problem has gone (in Normal mode) then your good to go. When you boot into Safe mode with networking it will allow you to download a new driver to fix an issue.

Please also check your system32 for any possible corruption.
Open an elevated Command Prompt and type in SFC /SCANNOW
This will interrogate your sytems32 files and attempt a fix if there is an issue. Report that result.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like firmware conflicts. I'd suggest going to msi website support and updating your bios and while there update the motherboard chipset drivers. The monitor shutdowns I doubt are software related since there is no software loaded at post, which is when the first shutdown and loss of signal is happening. Once windows is loaded, the radeon drivers are applied, bypassing anything bios set.