Question pc boots after 2 attempts

Jan 2, 2023
My pc takes 2 attempts to boot but I’m not sure why. Is it a bios issue? Should I upgrade my power supply? Will resetting bios to default help fix the issue?

motherboard: asus rog strix b450-F
cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
gpu: Aorus elite rtx 3060 Ti
ram: Corsair vengeance 32gb 3200mhz
psu: Corsair CX series 650 watt 80 plus bronze
hard drive: seagate barracuda
SSD: Samsung M.2 980pro

my pc boots from my ssd

Jan 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

psu: Corsair CX series 650 watt 80 plus bronze
How old is the PSU in your build?

motherboard: asus rog strix b450-F
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
My psu is 2 years old going on 3 years
My bios version is 2.20.1271
I updated my bios in 2021 when I upgraded my cpu
I also upgraded my GPU in November 2021

I booted my pc right now to access bios to check the version and this time it took 1 attempt to boot instead of 2

Lutfij

Titan
My bios version is 2.20.1271
^ can you narrow down where that number is on their support site;

My pc takes 2 attempts to boot but I’m not sure why.
Can you describe or better yet, provide a video of what you're experiencing a POST occur twice for the platform?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023
I’m not sure which version it is from the support site. Those were the numbers that it said from the bottom of the screen when I accessed my BIOS menu.

When I pressed the power button on my PC after shutting it down, all my lights would turn on and my fans would start to spin for about 10 seconds but then the fans would stop for a few seconds then it would attempt again before stopping again for a few seconds then it would finally boot and display the screen. As of right now it is not doing that anymore; it’s starting up normally with no issues on a single attempt so I guess my pc fixed itself? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Those were the numbers that it said from the bottom of the screen when I accessed my BIOS menu
You didn't take note of the BIOS version stated at the top of the BIOS screen? You can likewise use CPU-Z to show you what your BIOS version is, listed under Mainboard tab.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023
Those were the numbers that it said from the bottom of the screen when I accessed my BIOS menu
You didn't take note of the BIOS version stated at the top of the BIOS screen? You can likewise use CPU-Z to show you what your BIOS version is, listed under Mainboard tab.
Oh okay. Sorry I overlooked that. The version is 4301

Last edited by a moderator: