Question Pc boots, but theres an error with the ram

Mar 15, 2024
Hello everyone, for the past year, my pc has been running fine, no issues or anything. Then 2 days ago i decided to upgrade from a ryzen 7 3700x to a ryzen 9 5950x. And i also went ahead and installed a noctua NH15D cooler, instead of using the stock cooler that came with my old cpu. During the installation of the new cpu, i took out the my 2 16gb 3200 mhz corsair vengeance ram, just to have more space during the isntallation. Then after i was done installing the cpu and cooler, i went to reseat my ram, in the exact same spots, and made sure to click them in properly.
But it wouldnt boot. My motherboard is an asus rog strix B550-F and it has small lights to indicate when theres an error, and the light was on for the ram. So naturally i took then out, reseated them, now this time the pc booted, but the light for the ram was still on! Then i tried reseating it again multiple times, and even tried running the pc with each individual stick of ram. But it would still only boot with the ram error.
Tho its important to note that the pc sceen would boot the the screen where you can click Del or F2 to enter the bios, but nothing happens when i do that, i even tried only plugging in my keyboard, but that still wouldnt work
Im really stumped for ideas and would like some assistance

TRENDING THREADS