Question PC boots normally but no display signal, I have to manually reboot with power button a couple of times ?

Rusty Trombone

Reputable
Dec 25, 2020
Hi!

As the title says, my new pc runs just fine, but there's one issue... When I turn it on, it boots normally, I even hear the windows 11 greeting sound once it finishes booting up, but there is no signal to either of my two monitors. Then I restart my computer a couple of times by pressing the power button and suddenly everything works fine.

Here are my computer's specifications:
Processors – AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D up to 5.7 GHz
Processor case – NZXT Kraken 360, 360mm
Motherboard – ASRock B650E PG Riptide WiFi AM5
RAM – Lexar Ares 32GB, DDR5, 6000MHz, Dual Ch.
SSD drives – KC3000 1TB NVME + Lexar LNM620 2TB NVME
Video card – RTX 4080 Super, 16GB, GDDR6X
Power supply units - Gigabyte UD1000GM PG5, ATX 3.0, 1000W
Case – NZXT H6 Flow Black, RGB
Network card – Built-in, WiFi
Software – DOS

Please let me know if you have an idea of what could be causing this issue.
Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model monitors?

Connectivity (HDMI, DP, etc.....)

Will a single monitor work and display at boot up? Test each monitor individually.

Do the monitors have their own drivers (vs Microsoft generic)?

Check the monitors' manufacturer's website. If and as applicable manually download the monitor drivers.

Install and configure.

Rusty Trombone

Reputable
Dec 25, 2020
Make and model monitors?

Connectivity (HDMI, DP, etc.....)

Will a single monitor work and display at boot up? Test each monitor individually.

Do the monitors have their own drivers (vs Microsoft generic)?

Check the monitors' manufacturer's website. If and as applicable manually download the monitor drivers.

Install and configure.
Main monitor is Acer "Predator" XB271HUA which is connected by DP.
2nd monitor is Dell S2740L which is connected by HDMI.

Just went and installed my main monitors driver, and nothing changed in device manager, so I assume both monitors should have respective drivers installed.

Just tried restarting the device a couple of times with only one of the monitors connected - didn't make a difference in whichever configuration.

I have to restart it approximately 3 times for it to boot normally with display signal present.

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

Reputable
Dec 25, 2020
Another thing I can add to this unsolved issue is that my pc tends to close all applications (Chrome, Spotify, etc.) while in sleep mode, which is unusual.
On top of that, sometimes when I try to wake it from sleep mode, my screen shows my main monitors logo (the 2nd one doesn't even light up) as if it had been turned off and then it goes black, even though the pc is awake, forcing me to manually restart it again with the power button.

Very strange. All of these issues must be related somehow.

Last edited: