Question PC boots with a single RAM stick and only in a specific slot

chidosir94

Honorable
Nov 20, 2017
AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8GHz

B650-PLUS

Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Dual Channel Kit

Since the beginning of july I've had some big memory leak problems. Before nailing down to an unrelated program, I tried disabling the overclock on my ryzen (enabled in the radeon software, nothing custom on my part). After I restarted, my PC would not post anymore (orange light indicating RAM issues).

After fiddling with the sticks I managed to make it post by inserting one of the RAM sticks and ONLY in the B2 slot. With the other stick, single or not, or putting the one that works in any other slot, it never posts. I've even waited 5-10 mins thinking it's some sort of training issue, but surely at that point it can't be?

I thought the other RAM stick might be broken, but I've ordered a new identical kit and it doesn't work. Not in dual channel, not a single one of them even in the B2 slot. The only combo that boots is the original stick in B2.

What could really be the big issue here? Is it really training and I have to let it for an hour? Some sort of bios setting to enable/disable that could have been changed by the automatic reboot after me disabling the oc in the radeon software?