[SOLVED] PC Build. Looking for Suggestions

cincity

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
my pc is old few years old, i have decided to make another high end upgrade for 4-5 years only to change gpu in the future for 5 year term.

anyway here what i decided to go with, i would like your advice and help.

what i bought so far

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Ftw3 Ultra X2 ( going sli )

what i want to buy-

I9-9900k OR i9-9900x ( dont know which is better for long term gaming / streaming / rendering )
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme LGA 1151 (300 Series) Or ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTRME OMEGA

Case still deciding between Cosmos c700 or Corsair 1000D ( i will do custom cooling for CPU Only )

Rams still undecided would love suggestions too

planing to do Display upgrade too though i would wait for something new like oled but dont know if those coming or not yet

Tell me your suggestions or recommendations .

Thanks,

Solution
Well it looks like you have a great budget (and yes, I wish I was you!) and with the best GPU already in tow x 2 in the RTX 2080Ti I would really look to the Ryzen 9 3900X instead, even though I have Intel and love my CPU as it is a gaming monster, your use case includes Streaming and Rendering and thus the 12 cores and 24 threads of the 3900X might be worth a look unless you are a heavy Adobe user and there the 9900K would be the way to go. As far as gaming goes, it really does not matter as the 2 powerhouse GPU's will take the load and no doubt you will be gaming at a very high resolution.

If you still want to go Intel, I would go to the 9900K as it has a higher boost to 5GHz, overclocks and will power through gaming at high FPS and...
Do not do SLI. 99% of new games will not benefit from the 2nd card and can sometimes cause issues forcing you to disable SLI.

I would go for the Ryzen 9 3900x over the 9900k for longevity. Games are using more and more cores, so the 12 core 3900x will perform better over time.
The 3900x is also superior for streaming and editing tasks.

Reactions: cincity
Well it looks like you have a great budget (and yes, I wish I was you!) and with the best GPU already in tow x 2 in the RTX 2080Ti I would really look to the Ryzen 9 3900X instead, even though I have Intel and love my CPU as it is a gaming monster, your use case includes Streaming and Rendering and thus the 12 cores and 24 threads of the 3900X might be worth a look unless you are a heavy Adobe user and there the 9900K would be the way to go. As far as gaming goes, it really does not matter as the 2 powerhouse GPU's will take the load and no doubt you will be gaming at a very high resolution.

If you still want to go Intel, I would go to the 9900K as it has a higher boost to 5GHz, overclocks and will power through gaming at high FPS and rip through the Adobe suite like butter, stream extremely well and do a good job on rendering as well and you would be saving a chunk of money over the 9900X. Also consider the new 9900KS which will have an all core 5GHz out of the box which should be out in October.

Personally at your level there really is no bad decision and I am sure others will jump in with better suggestions than me. As to the case the Corsair 1000D...

Solution

cincity

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Thank you guys for your tips but am really into intel i cant see my self going AMD i know it might be better performance at gaming but i just feel fine with intel so i will focus on intel and for the rtx 2080 ti sli what do you mean sli is dying isnt there nvlink now and its better ?

Thank you guys for your tips but am really into intel i cant see my self going AMD i know it might be better performance at gaming but i just feel fine with intel so i will focus on intel and for the rtx 2080 ti sli what do you mean sli is dying isnt there nvlink now and its better ?
Nvlink is just a different connector.

Games must be developed to benefit from multiple GPUs. Due to the complexity of code required, nearly all modern games are not developed with multi-GPU support. This means whether you have 2 AMD or 2 Nvidia GPUs, there will be little benefit from the 2nd GPU.

Sometimes games will have such bad artifacts with 2 GPUs that you will have to disable 1 GPU in order for the game to run properly. Making your $1200 the second GPU useless.

What is being “into” a company? It’s not a laptop where aesthetics etc are a thing. It’s a processor. All that matters is performance where intel falls flat compared to Zen based alternatives. Literally nothing is different between the companies apart from performance and value. Both of which are on AMDs side currently. Plus they have things like PCIE 4.0 and comparability with future chips, both of which Intel doesn’t have on any boards right now.

If that is the case, then the 9900K would be my choice as it has a monster 5GHz speed and is cost effective against the 9900X...