PC build problems- computer won't turn on

Ben_58

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
I have just finished building my PC, so I was doing a test before I cleaned up to see if it turns on and if all the parts are in correctly. I plugged everything in and pressed the PSU switch and computer switch. When I turned on the power supply my mouse's LED's turned on. The computer did nothing. It may be a problem with the front panel connectors, but I followed the manual so it should be right, although the manual said for the HDD PLED and RESET PLED positives are on the left, but the arrows on the connector are on the right. Anyway, no fans turn on and its like nothing happened. I've put all the power cables in right and my PSU is working. These are my PC specs:

Intel Core i3- 6100
with Intel stock CPU cooler
Asrock H170 Pro4s motherboard
Zotac Geforce GTX 750 Ti
G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x4 GB DDR4 Ram
Corsair Spec- 01 Case
EVGA 500 Watt PSU
Western Digital 1 TB Hard Drive

Also, this is my first time building a PC.

Solution
Try reversing those front panel connectors, those little arrows indicate where the positives are so make sure that the positive and negatives in the correct places.

Ben_58

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

Maybe a stupid question but.., should I flip them upside down?
An example would be the manual says for power switch positive is on left but the arrow is on the right so I would have to flip it upside down so it would match.

Optical24

Reputable
May 26, 2015
I had a similar problem when I built my PC. When I turned it on, only the mouse LED would turn on. Until I realized that I forgot to plug in the cpu connector. Everything worked after that.