Question PC Build suggestions for 14600k and RTX 4070 super

Cwangbr

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2013
So I´ve recently bought an i5 14600k and an RTX 4070 super to replace my aging i7 7700k with GTX 1070.
I need recommendations for MOBO, RAMs. I live in Brazil, where prices are about 50% higher than US so I managed to get myself those more expensive parts in the US and now have to get the rest of them here. I dont plan /bother overclocking so I guess spending on z790 would be pointless. Would a b760 mobo bottleneck the hardware somehow? What about RAMS? does DDR5 matter nowadays? I plan on getting 2x16GB maybe DDR4. My usage will be mainly gaming (moslty action RPGs, strategy games, some FPS bu not online). Id say 70% gaming, 30% photo and video editing. I plan on upgrading monitor to ASUS proart 32" 4k, but 60HZ. I d rather have the color accuracy than 144hz.
thank you in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Since you picked an i5-14600K processor, you should look into a Z series chipset in order to overlock the processor.
I dont plan /bother overclocking so I guess spending on z790 would be pointless.
Kind of pointless going with a K suffix processor. The non K version would've be had for a little less. You can still get a B760 chipset and yet be able to overclock the memory.

As for your memory, I'd get DDR5-6000MHz would be a good number to aim for, tight timings.

You should've listed sites you would prefer buying your parts from since parts and brand availability can and will change with regards to region.

Reactions: Cwangbr

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you are doing any sort of work, the memory bandwidth would be better.

DDR5 6000 CL30 or 32 or 36 is generally quite reasonably priced.

Depends on the motherboard prices. Z790 boards will tend to have better VRMs than B760 boards. The nicer B760 boards that do tend to overlap in price with the lower end Z790.

if you want to save some cash, look for a DDR4 B760 mobo and 3200mhz CL16 rams.

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/ddr5-vs-ddr4-is-it-time-to-upgrade-your-ram

For SSD:

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/ssd-benchmarks-hierarchy#section-2tb-ssd-hierarchy

PSU, try for a 750W ATX 3.0 PSU:

check for reviews from HWbusters.

For air cooler:

Thermalright peerless assassin, phantom sprit or Deepcool AK620

Look for a case with mesh front and maybe typce C front panel connector (also check if your mobo has it) if you want.