[SOLVED] PC Case and Monitor electric shocks

May 5, 2020
Hi,
I am having a problem with my computer case and monitor. Everytime I touch the case, there are electricity coming from it specially on the usb ports although its tolerable. The weird part is that the glass panel has electric shocks as well. there also some parts of my monitor like screws or metal parts that draws electricity also.
I think the cause of this is due to lack of earth grounding but im not that sure. We only have type A plugs and sockets around the house and I don't know if they are properly grounded or not. My question is, what are the best option on eliminating the electric shocks on my pc case and monitor?

Solution
Type A plugs (two prong plugs) are not grounded. And yes, it sounds like the issue is a build up of electricity that badly wants to go somewhere. It's not good.

You need something like this.

The ground can be connected to a copper water pipe or a metal rod in the ground (code here says 8 feet or more). If you feel uncomfortable doing this, I would strongly suggest hiring a professional.
Type A plugs (two prong plugs) are not grounded. And yes, it sounds like the issue is a build up of electricity that badly wants to go somewhere. It's not good.

You need something like this.

The ground can be connected to a copper water pipe or a metal rod in the ground (code here says 8 feet or more). If you feel uncomfortable doing this, I would strongly suggest hiring a professional.

Solution
May 5, 2020
I hooked a wire on a screw somewhere near the psu and I connected it to an existing grounding metal rod from my internet provider and it solved my problem. No more shocks when I touch the case and monitor. Thanks!