PC Case Roundup: Spring 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yep is a very poor roundup allright !
Where is Antec Nine Hundred or the new Twelve Hundred and the excelent P182 ???
The Cosmos S seems to be out of place here.... its in another league: Armor+, Silverstone TJ07B, Stacker

SinisterCanuck

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
All mid tower cases... not one Full Tower! I haven't purchased a mid tower case in nearly 8 years for any of my builds because they are too crammed for my liking. As stated by other commenters, where's the Thermaltake Armor? Where's the Antec Twelve Hundred? etc. These were nice looking cases, but they are all middle of the road as far as I am concerned. You need to do a cases revisited or an enthusiast case round up! ...please do that

G

I have my doubts about your praise on 3R System case. I have similar model. Exactly the same inside structure but without the remote control, display and with different front side.

First of all, it's not that well-built. Sides bend and that inside metal (Al?) is really soft. And if you want to remove the front there are like 6 almost unreachable screws to be unscrewed which is pain in the a**.

Fans are really quiet though.

HyperBladeST

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
No need to add the good old 900 and P182. We all know they're good and it's not a coincidence that the NZXT and the Raidmax looks so much like the 900 ;)

As for the 1200 : it's a bigger 900 so there's nothing much to say about it.

But yeah it would have been more appropriate to use case from all company to make a round-up.

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
It would be really cool if for another roundup they did all of the Maximum PC cases that won a "Kick Ass Award". Yeah you may be using info from a competitor, but it would make for one really interesting read to see who would be the best of the best!

retratserif

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
I have the Cosmos S, its the best water cooling case out there next to the Mozart. You can easily get 2-3 Radiators in and installed with no mods what so ever. Plus the heat sensitive power button is very impressive. It may not get you laid, but it sure will fit into any modern or high tech lifestyle. The Nine Hundred is quite old in comparison to these cases. I have not seen a new stacker... I think the Cosmos is closest thing to them.

I was skeptical of the Cosmos s at first. But after everything went in without a hitch, I had to really appreciate the work that had gone into this case. The thing I like the most is the rails. Its not that easy to move a 60+ lb case with 2 rads and at least a liter of water.

Good job guys. I enjoyed the round up. I would like to see a more practical round up in the future for more budget PC's. To see more cases that have good practical usage and lower prices. They should all have 2 120mm fans minimum though. 40$-100$ cases.

Lumberboy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Why do people love the Thermaltake Armour cases so much? It was the hottest case I ever owned. When I switched to my CM 690 my cpu temps dropped 10 degrees.

I also find it funny that the Antec Nine Hundred was mentioned about five times (and the NXZT Tempest is a clone of it) but was not in the review. How about a Nine Hundred vs. Clones comparison?

byebye

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
not toward this but everyone needs to start measuring the distance between the processor and the wall. because i want a IFX-14

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
We really need a list of full tower cases.........High end if you wish............Pretty Please.

Most of the cases you picked out I wouldn't consider at all.Mid tower is not where things are going....Some cases have 10 Expansion slots.......I belive we need a review thats with the current trend...as we live in the now ...not the past.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I'm shopping for a new case, and the one thing I need to know is, does everything fit? If a case has 3 5.25 bays, 2 external 3.5, and 4 internal 3.5, will it fit drives in all 9 bays? With all 9 bays filled, can I fit a single or dual-slot full-length graphics card (3870 or 9600)? If the internal bays have room for a cooling fan, will the graphics card fit if I install the fan? For the record, I have 4 HDDs, 1 Floppy (XP + RAID), 2DVD drives, 1CD-RW (I could live without). My old Alienware/Antec case would have room for a large gfx card, but I would have to remove the fan from the HDD caddy, and with 4 HDDs that would be begging for problems. Also remember room for SATA and PCIe power cables! I expected more from a Tom's review.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think it was an interesting choice not to include Lian-Li, Antec, and Thermaltake. I think we all know they are pretty much the top case designers. Still I would have liked to see how the Mozart and the Xaser VI stood up.

Ogdin

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Well they can only have a look at the samples they get sent.Hey Thorak the 1200 is just a bigger 900 with even more airflow and dust filters.And why would they look at a p182? Its been out for a year,plenty of sites have already had indepth looks at it.

lopopo

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
The CoolerMaster Cosmos S is an enthusiast part while the rest is crap.
I hate these cases that look like they would fall apart if a doney pissed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.