[SOLVED] PC Constantly Stuttering in games. Help!

Thisisnotharry

Reputable
Apr 17, 2020
Hello, so my system I have had for around 4 months now, is constantly stuttering in every game. Here are the specs:

i5-9400F
GTX 1650
8GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD with 1TB HDD
Windows 10 Home
It is an Acer prebuilt "gaming" pc.

I don't seem to be getting a 60 FPS lock as some of the YouTube videos benchmarking the i5-9400F and GTX 1650 suggest.
I've tried full low settings on every game, nope.
Latest graphics drivers, nope.
The NVIDIA live chat support suggested uninstalling the display drivers using a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and reinstalling the drivers. This did actually work, but it eventually started stuttering again.
Resetting the PC, worked for a while, but I don't want to reinstall all of my games again etc.

Every once in awhile it doesn't stutter, but this is either when I have restarted my PC or have updated the drivers (it usually works for a few hours then starts to stutter again).

Can anyone help? The games I mostly play are Fortnite, GTA 5, Rocket League, Planet Coaster and PC Building Simulator.

Fortnite and GTA 5 are the games that stutter the most, whereas, in RL, PCBS2 and Planet Coaster, I seem to get a smoother experience.
When the games do stutter, I go from around 60-70 FPS to 30 FPS and I can definitely feel when the FPS decreases.

Image of System Information: https://ibb.co/DGJqXT1

I am new to this forum website, so I may have posted this in the wrong place. Sorry if I have.

Last edited:
Solution
try disabling turbo boost and see if it make a difference, go into bios and disable or set maximum processor state to 99 percent in Power settings.

Thisisnotharry

Reputable
Apr 17, 2020
I am wondering if maybe my Nvidia Control Panel settings might be set to some wrong things. Please could someone maybe tell me what they have in the NCP and I will replicate the settings when I am next on my PC.

RainingTacco

Prominent
Sep 21, 2019
  1. Make a recording of the stuttering with MSI Afterburner overlay with frametime enabled. Also enable GPU utilization, GPU clock, CPU clock, CPU utilization and all necessary temps.You can use other program to log max temps during sesssion like HWINFO64.
  2. Download Latencymon and run it while idle[browsing is fine] for 15 minutes. You can try to run it at load while gaming, but the game should be either borderless or preferably in a window, since the alt tabing cause lag spikes somehow.
  3. Do a malware scan using some good AVs. Windows Defender will not pick everything.
And last, what is your PSU?

Thisisnotharry

Reputable
Apr 17, 2020
The video I am referring to is this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbhJGpS7Ib0

It clearly shows most games getting 60FPS on the highest settings.

I do not understand why my system is not getting at least 60FPS.

Everything I have tried:

Reinstalling Windows
Reinstalling Graphics Drivers with DDU
Overclocking using the MSI Afterburner OC Tool (the automatic one)
Scanning for Malware (nothing detected w/ Norton and MalwareBytes)
Defragging both of my disks
Reinstalling Games

Help to get a higher FPS would be helpful.