[SOLVED] PC contantly freezing

Feb 29, 2020
So I built my first pc not too long ago and everything was running fine for a good 6 months. I then realized I needed a better cooler and graphics card so i upgraded and why not some LED lights as well right? I installed my graphics card and everything was fine. I then installed my cooler and my pc was once again running fine. I then installed my LED lights and my pc decided to start breaking itself. Everything will be running good and then my game will shoot down to 1-2 fps (actually) and then hard freezes on the game and i can still move my mouse between monitors but cant click on anything and while that is happening my music stutters on the same words in my ear, the only way it will power off is if i hold the power button for like 7-10 seconds. It can happen once in a day or 5 times in 20 minutes which makes completing any kind of mission impossible and incredibly frustrating to the point of me wanting to drop it out of the window or set it on fire. I have asked friends and done everything i have seen online to fix it. I updated the motherboard bios made sure my graphics card drivers are up to date, unplugged LED's, ran program to make sure there are no viruses, and ran task manager to make sure my cpu memory and what not isnt maxing out and i am just at a complete loss. It also seems to act up more if i have spotify playing in the back while i play a game or try to type in discord or watch a video. It never had this problem before and was never laggy if i was playing a game and tried to type in discord or do something else it would do it with ease and it now seems that my computer is running slower every time i have to hard shut it off. The frustration I am feeling cant be described or expressed. I need a sledge hammer and a room filled with objects. With how much money I have put into this pc it shouldn't be acting up.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 280mm - RL-KRX62-02 - AIO RGB CPU Liquid Cooler
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER
Motherboard: Micro-Star International CO., Ltd. X470 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B79)
RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 8GB
Storage: 2 intel SSD's, 500gb, 1tb
Fans: Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM
LED: NZXT RGB Lighting Kit - AC-HUEP2-M1
PSU: CORSAIR RMX Series (2018), RM650x, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified,
I know the CPU is getting a heavy load from the GPU but i dont know if that is what is causing it bc it doesnt overheat or anything.
Anything will help, thank you

Last edited:
Solution
Assuming you currently have your memory set to 3600 in your BIOS, try lowering it. Start at 2133 and see if things improve, then move upward from there.
Feb 29, 2020
So you put together two, 2x 8GB kits?
Memory is not guaranteed to work like that - not to say it can't at all, but any compatibility issues that result from mixing are all on you.
Leave one kit in, and the other out - I hope you didn't forget which sticks were packaged together...
[/QUOTE} I meant that i have the 2 ram sticks in all together not 2 sets, i did make that clear initially sorry

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, that was a little confusing, because you did post that you had 2, and then proceeded with the device ID, and that links to this: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2D3600C18

No overclocks are active?

What about the LED or NZXT CAM software?

Do you have multiple antivirus or malware defender programs installed?

I don't know what all you have installed on the PC, but it's probably a good idea to backtrack on the 3rd party programs, if you have a bunch installed.
Program D might not be getting along with Program B, or something like that.

It's not a bad idea to scan the memory with Memtest86: https://www.memtest86.com/
It can take a few hours, so I suggest taking a nap on it. The results should be error-free, and without system hangs or crashes.

Reactions: ryangonz
Feb 29, 2020
Ok, that was a little confusing, because you did post that you had 2, and then proceeded with the device ID, and that links to this: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2D3600C18

No overclocks are active?

What about the LED or NZXT CAM software?

Do you have multiple antivirus or malware defender programs installed?

I don't know what all you have installed on the PC, but it's probably a good idea to backtrack on the 3rd party programs, if you have a bunch installed.
Program D might not be getting along with Program B, or something like that.

It's not a bad idea to scan the memory with Memtest86: https://www.memtest86.com/
It can take a few hours, so I suggest taking a nap on it. The results should be error-free, and without system hangs or crashes.
No overclocks are active, not sure what you mean with the NZXT software. No programs installed to prevent malware and what not, im not very experienced with computers at all. I will run the memtest tonight thank you