Dec 12, 2022
I start by saying my configuration
-ryzen 7 2700x
-asus prime x-470 pro
-corsair Rm750x
-gtx 1660 super
-Windows 10 pro
-16 GB RAM (8x2)

For the past two days my pc has been crashing with a particular game, the sound disappears, the screen goes black and after a while I read no signal on the monitor, I've never had a similar problem. I have had this PC for almost 3 years, the moment it crashes the PC is unrecoverable, it must be restarted by force, since it happened it restarts much slower than before , even when it loads the desktop it goes black for several seconds, after it happened the first time I played a switch emulator with a very heavy game for several hours, It never crashed, next day I played again the game that crashed the first time and of course it happened again, Currently every time I play this game "Trailmakers" for about 20 minutes the pc crashes like this, and from what it seems to me it only happens with this game from steam, I've tried resetting the bios, and it keeps happening, I honestly don't know what to do, I don't think it's a psu, GPU or CPU problem, for the simple fact that other even heavier games work without problems , my friends have the same game and no such problem, Ideas on how to fix? It's really frustrating, mainly because since it happened my pc is very slow to start up in general as if it has created almost damage

Dec 12, 2022
-Ram Ballistix 3200mhz
-Gpu gigabyte
assembled almost 3 years ago
The last update done was to Windows and it's 22H2, since I did it the crash happened, I uninstalled the update but it keeps crashing and it's not normal, I'm pretty sure one of the causes could just be the update
Since I assembled the pc I have installed all the drivers and updates for the BIOS, since then nothing, and suddenly this happens, unfortunately I don't think it's the bios, but if you have any idea and whatever it is that might work just say so

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
Can you check history in the search bar?

it should tell you a little about what happened, also your gpu might be going out. that might be why there is no signal but fans still spin.

can you benchmark and see if it crashes under load?

Reactions: Akyllov
Dec 12, 2022
so..I don't know how to check if the gpu crashes so if you have any program to recommend tell me so I can check, in the meantime I deleted the latest windows update of version 22H2, I still had the same problem so I opened the bios and restored it to the default settings, I decided to start the game and leave it active, after 5 consecutive hours it has never crashed, honestly I'm a bit disoriented, I don't understand if I have solved the problem or not, it is possible that the update has changed something in the bios and then created some overload situation to the pc?

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
try "Furmark" for it, its a great free software.

for cpu, try cinebench, also free and a great tool.

for bios stuff, what did you have enabled?

XMP runs your ram at your rated speed but anything over the base speed is considered OCing and makes the ram unstable, are you overclocking your gpu using afterburner?

Dec 12, 2022
thank you very much, tomorrow I will try the programs you recommended, however no, the only thing I have activated is xmp for the RAM, never overclocked the GPU and the other components