[SOLVED] Pc crashed after new amd drivers installed (5700XT), now the gpu won't start up.

Chainedsoma

Prominent
Feb 25, 2022
So today new drivers came out for the 5700xt. I installed the drivers, resumed the work i was doing and my pc crashed after a few minutes.

I manually rebooted it since it was going nowhere after a while (completely black screen on both of my monitors). When it started up again, it defaulted to 1024x768 res as the drivers didn't start. I rebooted into safe mode and saw that the gpu was actually being recognized by windows, although it said it had driver problems. So i reverted the drivers to the earlier version, rebooted again to make sure it was still recognized, and then booted into windows normally, to no result.

One weird thing i noticed is that the ''sleep'' option disappeared from the start menu.

I'm thinking about uninstalling everything gpu related and re-install the drivers again. I also opened my pc to check the gpu's connection to the motherboard, so i took it off and reinserted it, but haven't done anything else to the computer yet.

Any idea on how i might go about fixing this? The gpu still gives an output since both my monitors were plugged in, so i think it might all be driver related issues. Thanks in advance

Solution
D
well you could uninstall all drivers in safe mode using DDU

then reboot and let windows put it's own on and get it right. THEN download the stuff off the web from manuf website, but stay away from the latest version maybe
D

Deleted member 14196

then reboot and let windows put it's own on and get it right. THEN download the stuff off the web from manuf website, but stay away from the latest version maybe

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Solution

Chainedsoma

Prominent
Feb 25, 2022

I'm currently uninstalling the drivers using DDU. I'll update you once it's done

Chainedsoma

Prominent
Feb 25, 2022

Yeah, that worked. I just uninstalled everything with DDU in safe mode, booted again into normal mode, and it was all good

Thanks for the help!