PC crashed and has black screen.

kronixdizzle

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
I was launching a new game when my pc screen went black and rebooted when it rebooted the screen would stay black and if I restarted it would sometimes launch windows automatic repair. Windows repair did not work so I wiped everything and did a fresh install of windows 10. With the new install all seemed well and as I was re downloading drivers etc. My screen flashed black and a second later the same problem happened all black screen and reboot sometimes causes repair screen. I used other hard drives to ensure that was not the problem. It appears that when I use on board graphics it has no issues or while using GPU slot in safe mode. My GPU is brand new RTX 2070, so i hope that would not be the issue, however the rest of my build is old (ddr3, LGA1150 board) ill list below. With hard drive SSD eliminated from trouble could this be motherboard? My BIOS launches perfectly fine but I wander could the PCIE slot have gone bad, but it works in safe mode. Also worth noting while in safe mode my GPU drivers were installed fresh without issue, and was unable to find any errors, other than a random "unknown device" in device management had a flag. I have even went as far to reset CMOS.
My build:
CPU: I5-4690k 3.5 GHz
GPU: RTX 2070 GPU
MOBO: MSI h81m-e33 Micro LGA1150 socket.
RAM: 16GB 1.6 GHz DDR3
SSD: Sandisk 500GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB

kronixdizzle

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

I can but anytime I attempt to use the GPU it goes black on boot after my MOBO flash screen.

kronixdizzle

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

The way this MOBO works is if plugged into my GPU its disabled , also might be worth noting that the onboard does not seem to work while GPU is installed.