Question PC crashes randomly with bsod.

Rango123456

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2014
I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard, ssd, gpu and a new psu. The problem is that the pc crashes randomly with a bsod indicating critical process died or sometimes unexpected store exception error. The pc often restarts itself with a recovery message that the drive is not connected (error 0xc000000e ). I have checked the ssd multiple times with crystal disk and intel ssd toolbox but no problems found. I have also changed the connector cable and still the problem exist. I have also checked this ssd on my friend's pc for a day or two and no problems found whatsoever. Previously I was using a old psu and same problem will come and sometimes the pc restarted on its own during gaming so I changed it but bsod still occur although pc do not restart now. Previously windows was installed on an hdd but it was windows 8.1 and there was no bsod.
PC specs (just in case):
Core i7 3770
rx 580
550watts psu (HEC 80+ bronze)
motherboard: intel dq77mk
Intel 2500 ssd 180gb

Any help will be appreciated.

Mind Games

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013
memory diagnostic test passed

Can you verify that your memory is seated in dual channel? (One stick in the second slot, Two stick in the 4th slot)

Also, applying a re-image to the machine may resolve this, if you had previous hardware installed and switched to different hardware you would still have drivers attempting to work with hardware that is no longer present, causing your issue.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Test your ram using a single stick and see if issue still occurs [do this with EACH stick] also reference your motherboard guide and see what channels your ram should be seated in when using two sticks.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
It's quite possible your SATA configurations got messed up in your bios causing bsod. Did you change drives recently ? I've heard of issues like this being mistaken for memory problems, but its actually a problem with advanced SATA settings in bios. RAID VS AHCI. Something you should look into. I'm not experienced in messing with that but maybe someone on this forum can assist you better if I am right... good luck let's us know if you resolved this please so I know for future reference

Rango123456

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2014
OK so I think this was the problem: I decided to reinstall windows on my HDD again. I used it for 2 days and no bsod. Then I tried to install windows on my ssd and windows installer shows 0 mb free. Even in bios my ssd is no longer detected as an intel's one but rather it shows a Sandforce's ssd(wtf). After checking all the cables and other things, bios and windows installer detected it but after during windows installation it gave me a problem and recovery window was opened (nice). I opened the bios and guess what ssd was not detected. I have purchased a new ssd and now everything is working fine. Do ssds are known to fail like this?