[SOLVED] PC crashes shortly after starting a game

Jun 8, 2021
So I've had a very new issue come up recently within the past couple days, and I'm really struggling to isolate the issue. Starting 2 days ago whenever I play a game, my PC crashes after running it for a few minutes. When it crashes the screen cuts to black and the fans turn off as if my PC has shut down, but my RAM sticks are still glowing. I cant power down the PC without cutting the power completely. So far i've checked and the temps dont seem to be running hot when playing a game, and I tried running a game on a different hard drive as well. I just did a fresh install of windows but the issue is persisting. I've also updated NVIDIA drivers and switched to Studio drivers to see if that helps, but it still crashes.

At this point im at a loss as to where I should go next for trouble shooting. My Pc didnt have any symptoms leading up to this that indicated parts were having an issue. I included a link to HWINFO log file that I ran the last time I was trying to test it and the PC crashed. I also have a dxdiag file with my system specs.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qQtX3mVmBSAfntzM4j_OSwyzyMN_EN0j?usp=sharing

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
NVIDIA RTX 2070 S
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎6/‎8/‎2021
OS build 19043.928
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

If anyone could give some guidance on what I can try next it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Solution
See if you are getting any log in the windows event viewer, probably you are getting Kernel Power 41 but also something else. I suggest you to try removing one stick of RAM at time for checking if any of them is faulty (you should also run memtest86 for discarding this). Also, try running system stress tests such as AIDA 64 and OCCT and watch what happens.

By the way, which are your average temps? Are you overclocking?
May 18, 2021
See if you are getting any log in the windows event viewer, probably you are getting Kernel Power 41 but also something else. I suggest you to try removing one stick of RAM at time for checking if any of them is faulty (you should also run memtest86 for discarding this). Also, try running system stress tests such as AIDA 64 and OCCT and watch what happens.

By the way, which are your average temps? Are you overclocking?

Solution