Question PC crashes until I restart g-sync

Mlado53

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
I have a PG278QE pared with a 1080 TI.
If I don't turn off and on g-sync in the nvidia control panel before playing any games the pc blue screens (with a random error code) or just freezes but not during benchmarks (furmark, 3dmark, heaven).
I have the newest drivers and a clean win 10 install with the latest update.
The gpu is water cooled and overclocked (even at stock it crashes if I don't restart g-sync).
Is there any fix for this or any suggestion for me to try?
Used only the dvi port on the monitor haven't tried hdmi.

FIX:
I'm not sure why but rtss (rivatuner statistic server) was the problem. After uninstalling it , everything works fine even g-sync.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Mlado53

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
I have messed about a bit (reinstalled win again) and have found that games are buggier and sometimes crash when g-sync is on.
Turning it on and off doesn't do anything . The blue screens are gone and when something goes wrong ether the game just crashes or the pc just restarts.
I'm looking in to Nvidia hd audio because when a game crashes with g-sync on some audio things mess up.