[SOLVED] PC crashes w/o overheating?

Dec 14, 2021
So, for the last like 5 days my PC has been crashing after a while of playing games (WoW when raiding, Overwatch sometimes and Fortnite crashing regularly after 30-35 minutes of gameplay).
I've got a 1050 TI, i5 3550, 8 gigs of DDR3 ram and a 450W PSU not sure what brand it is(I know what you're thinking, PC is trash throw it out but i need time before i can buy a new one cuz of being broke)
So together with my friend we completely erased all the data from the 250g samsung ssd (he connected the ssd to his linux pc and erased the data) and reinstalled windows, we then proceeded to run a bunch of benchmarks for both CPU and GPU, during which the PC did totally fine, no crashes, GPU reached max 78 degrees and CPU reached like 72, so we thought the problem was fixed, then i reinstalled Fortnite and after like 40 mins the PC turned off again.
As you probably can tell i dont know much about computers and stuff, but i asked to multiple people i know who do know their stuff and they all had no idea.
Anyone knows what it might be or what i could do to find out?

Solution
It could be something else, heck I have a pretty beefy system that was crashing because of GPU drivers being "too new" and they were causing BF 2042 to crash. Before I had issues with running 3200Mhz ram with an older 1600x ryzen.

If you don't feel like buying a new PSU just yet, maybe try running MSI afterburner & turn up the fan speeds to cool the GPU a little more & draw a little more power. Assuming that it crashes quicker might be a point for the new PSU, if it doesn't crash, maybe the gpu needs a clean or new paste.
Dec 14, 2021
Actually it's not even 450W it's 280W, it's an FSP GROUP model FSP280-40EPA (or atleast that's what is says on the side i'm sorry if i sound like an idiot i really am bad at this stuff hahahaha)

Dec 14, 2021
Oh i see, i will try another PSU but ive had the pc for 5 years never gave me a problem, and also why didnt it crash during all the benchmarks?

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
It could be something else, heck I have a pretty beefy system that was crashing because of GPU drivers being "too new" and they were causing BF 2042 to crash. Before I had issues with running 3200Mhz ram with an older 1600x ryzen.

If you don't feel like buying a new PSU just yet, maybe try running MSI afterburner & turn up the fan speeds to cool the GPU a little more & draw a little more power. Assuming that it crashes quicker might be a point for the new PSU, if it doesn't crash, maybe the gpu needs a clean or new paste.

Solution
Dec 14, 2021
Just did it, it crashed in 30 minutes on overwatch with High video settings, last i checked (like 2 mins before it crashed) temperature was 55 degrees (i put fan speed to 80)