Question PC crashes when playing games then takes 15 minutes to turn back on

Oct 16, 2022
Whenever I play games on my computer after a while (20ish minutes) it will crash and turn off. Then pressing the power button won't turn it back on right away, I'll have to wait about 15 minutes until it's able to turn back on again. This has been happening for quite a while, this hasn't always happened with my PC. All of my drivers are up to date. I got an RMA on my power supply and got a whole new one and still didn't work. I check my temps in game and my CPU sits around 60-70 while GPU is in the mid 70s. I also tried using various combinations of my RAM (like using only one at a time) and it still does it. I also ran an anti-virus scan (Norton) just in case and it still happens. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard: B450M Steel Legend
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
SSD/HDD: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME and Samsung 870 Evo 1 TB 2.5"
GPU: MSI DUKE GTX 1080 8gb
PSU: Corsair RM750x White 750 W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler
Chassis: Corsair Crystal 280X RGB MicroATX Mid Tower

Whenever I play games on my computer after a while (20ish minutes) it will crash and turn off. Then pressing the power button won't turn it back on right away, I'll have to wait about 15 minutes until it's able to turn back on again. This has been happening for quite a while, this hasn't always happened with my PC. All of my drivers are up to date. I got an RMA on my power supply and got a whole new one and still didn't work. I check my temps in game and my CPU sits around 60-70 while GPU is in the mid 70s. I also tried using various combinations of my RAM (like using only one at a time) and it still does it. I also ran an anti-virus scan (Norton) just in case and it still happens. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard: B450M Steel Legend
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
SSD/HDD: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME and Samsung 870 Evo 1 TB 2.5"
GPU: MSI DUKE GTX 1080 8gb
PSU: Corsair RM750x White 750 W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler
Chassis: Corsair Crystal 280X RGB MicroATX Mid Tower
One thing is sure, windows, drivers or even malware have nothing to do with that problem. Considering that you already eliminated PSU, I would take a look at cooler connections and make sure that a fan is always connected to CPU_FAN header because BIOS will refuse to start and boot without it.
Do another test, when that happens, turn or disconnect power off, press Start button for few seconds, wait few minutes and try again.

TRENDING THREADS