Question PC crashes when starting Games or Programms ( i9 & RTX 3080ti )

Jan 29, 2024
Hey!
Im new to the forum and i hope someone can help me out here because i really dont know how to solve the problem..

My specs:
i9-14900K
RTX 3080 TI
Z790 Gaming Plus
7200C34 DDR5 32 GB Ram
Samsung SSD 970 Evo 1 TB
Powersupply 850W

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9

Ok so the problem is following:
- I have this fresh new pc build. And i upgraded from AM4, DDR4 and Ryzen 5 5600x to help out my monitor to achieve better fps in games, since my resolution is 5120x1440.
Gaming is way better now BUT, when ever i wanna play following games:
- Apex Legends
- Overwatch 2
- The Finals

my pc is trying to load into the game and then then game crashes and brings me back to the desktop.
Apex Legends is even worse, this gives me a bluescreen and my pc automatically restarts.

I have found a fix for the finals and overwatch 2 by adding -dx12 to the consols. But then i noticed that programms like Sony Vegas that i want to use to edit my videos is even worse. I barely cant add videos to my project. The video footage is very large because i record on 5120x1440 so it takes some minutes. So sony vegas is loading video file that im adding to the project and at around 70% i get another blue screen and my pc restarts again. While sony vegas is loading, ill try to watch some youtube, which is impossible because even my youtube crashes ( didnt even know this is possible ).

I feel like something isnt working right, there is some power issue and i cant figure out what it is.
Bios is updated, GPU is updated, Monitor is updated. Nothing is overclocked.

Does anyone have a clue where the lack of power is comming?

I would highly suspect the RAM especially considering its 7200 M/Ts RAM. Go into the BIOS and turn off XMP and see if there are any improvements. If you are now stable I would suspect that the memory controller on the CPU or the motherboard itself cannot handle the speed of the RAM. If you still have the same issues run a memtest for at least 4 passes. If it returns even one error, the memory kit is bad and will need to be RMA'ed. Who makes the RAM modules you have? What is the exact make and model of the PSU? Who makes that motherboard? Who makes that graphics card?

Jan 29, 2024
Ive ran the memtest with 4 passes. No error shown.
I use the 2nd and 4th slot for my rams.
GPU : Nvidia
Ram: Corsair
CPU: Intel
Power Supply: Cooler Master 850 W
Motherboard: MSI

I had XMP turned off the entire time and my CPU Boost mode was also turned off.
I have turned both on and the same mistakes occur...

Just 5 minutes before writing the text here, i turned on my PC and started my browser and a game at the same time and boom, i got a bluescreen... this shouldnt happen...

Im so helples ._. any other ideas?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Did you install the OS from scratch, or just put the old OS from the AMD system into this new one? That can cause a lot of weird issues.

Have you been monitoring temperatures? Particularly the CPU and SSD? If it has less issues running games than loading games, the SSD temps might be part of it. Same with your video editing.

Not being overclocked doesn't mean the CPU is set up correctly. Sometimes the defaults for any given chip are way too much voltage, MCE flipped on, and all kinds of things and that can lead to instability. You may actually need load line calibration as well.

With that PSU did you populate both 12V EPS connectors?

TRENDING THREADS