PC crashes within 10-30 minutes of booting

zibagaming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
So for a while my computer has been crashing about once a day within 10-30 minutes of booting my PC. So I would boot my PC on Windows 10 and do something like open google chrome and close a tab and it would trigger. Also things like clicking a website search bar, closing a chrome tab, opening a chrome tab, just playing video games, and just randomly. To fix this I bought another SSD and reinstalled windows but it still happens so it is probably a hardware problem. Also, could it be a power supply problem?The last upgrade I did was a new CPU about 6 months before this started happening. I just want to know if there is an obvious or easy fix for this or if it is something more serious. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Owen

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What are your cpu temps at. I'd suggest core temp or realtemp for Intel cpu's.

When you upgraded the cpu, did you clean off the cooler (properly) and apply the proper amount of decent paste?

When was the last time you cleaned the pc?

zibagaming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

I don't know my CPU temp I will find a way to check, I have an AMD fx 8370, a 650W power supply, and an RX 480. When I switched the CPU the cooler came with a square of paste on the bottom so I used that, and I cleaned my pc about 3 months ago.

zibagaming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

I've checked in the past and all that shows up is it saying it wasn't shut down properly because I had to use the physical power button.

zibagaming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

yea it freezes I guess I should have been more specific.

zibagaming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

Yea it freezes I guess I should have been more specific.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, that's a different matter. First thing I'd do is update all of the motherboard drivers, the ones from the motherboard website. You probably have a legacy bios and recent windows updates don't like legacy drivers and try to use windows default drivers, ends up in conflicts, especially with audio and Lan, but can affect Sata and USB too. Also make sure you have the latest bios revision for your board.