Jun 26, 2024
Hey all, first time posting in a forum like this, apologies if any of this is out of order, i usually am able to solve my issue by googling it, but I've been stuck for over a week now. I feel like there may be enough info to kinda pinpoint whats wrong, but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out

recently I have been having some issues with my PC restarting/crashing/freezing with no BSOD;
- When its under heavy-ish load like streaming a game it will randomly just reset, no BSOD, just black screen then start again like nothing happened. Its more likely to happen during a game that uses a fair amount of resources, but I've had it happen while trying to play a browser game. here is a log from my last stream attempt from OBS
- Sometimes instead of resetting it will freeze and i have to manually reset it. in both cases i see some kernel power errors in the event viewer, but nothing else out of the ordinary
- Left the PC on overnight idling once and it reset, i don't think it was a windows update

Other issues I've been noticing, uncertain if its 100% related to the crashing:
- I've noticed when playing Overwatch that the game will randomly freeze for a couple seconds, this happens around maybe once an hour. i will still hear the audio fine, then it will almost fast-forward to catch up. I noticed during this time that the GPU usage seemed to significantly drop, though i don't know if that is a cause or an affect. but i did notice last time it happened i got windows error reporting 1001 in the event viewer, which pointed to overwatch for a radar_pre_leak_64
- Sometimes website will not load, but its not an internet issue, it just... stops trying to load the page if that makes sense?
- Moving my mouse quickly over a chat like on twitch causes the animated emotes to get real hitchy

the noteworthy events in event viewer i was getting are:
- Kernel power 41 (63)
- WHEA logger 18 APIC 1, 7, 13, 11, 15
- kernel power 172 (203)

Specs:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3800XT
MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi (MS-7C90)
GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3070 Master 8G
RAM: 2x16 Corsair Vengeance cmk32gx4m2b3200c16
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 evo 500GB
Samsung SSD 870 evo 4TB
PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000
Monitors: 2x ASROCK PG32QF2B Phantom 32"
Windows 10 home
(Most of these parts are 3 years old or newer, except the samsung 850 iirc)

other than these issues it appears to run perfectly fine. Maybe a bit overkill on the PSU, but with the streaming equipment i have as well as my drawing tablet, i wanted to make sure I have enough power for everything.

- Been closely looking at temps and nothing seems to be overheating, or running at an insane %. CPU mhz got up there from what i saw on OCCT, but apparently that's pretty common for my CPU. tried running stress tests on OCCT, everything was fine, furmark was fine too.
- This was a fresh install of windows as i had about a month ago had bsod loop which the only solution was to do a fresh install of windows.
- Reinstalled graphics driver using DDU
- All drivers are up to date
- re-seated parts and made sure the connections were good, didn't see any signs of fraying cords or burn marks
- reset CMOS, which changed some bios setting like the mhz on the ram, system seems to run the same but now I'm seeing a Ntfs warning and error in event viewer (55 + 98) which says that my C drive has some corruption and requires a chkdsk scan, after doing so and restarting the pc i get the error and warning again
- have not updated bios yet, that is the next thing i plan on doing once i get my hands on a flash drive, though hoping i can avoid having to deal with more bios stuff.
- not overclocking anything as far as im aware

From what i've scoured online it seems like it may be a hardware issue, but unclear what part the issue may be, feel like i'm about at the point where i got to swap parts out. I was hoping you might be able to help me narrow this down and save me from this despair. thanks!

Jun 2, 2024
Hey all, first time posting in a forum like this, apologies if any of this is out of order, i usually am able to solve my issue by googling it, but I've been stuck for over a week now. I feel like there may be enough info to kinda pinpoint whats wrong, but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out

recently I have been having some issues with my PC restarting/crashing/freezing with no BSOD;
- When its under heavy-ish load like streaming a game it will randomly just reset, no BSOD, just black screen then start again like nothing happened. Its more likely to happen during a game that uses a fair amount of resources, but I've had it happen while trying to play a browser game. here is a log from my last stream attempt from OBS
- Sometimes instead of resetting it will freeze and i have to manually reset it. in both cases i see some kernel power errors in the event viewer, but nothing else out of the ordinary
- Left the PC on overnight idling once and it reset, i don't think it was a windows update

Other issues I've been noticing, uncertain if its 100% related to the crashing:
- I've noticed when playing Overwatch that the game will randomly freeze for a couple seconds, this happens around maybe once an hour. i will still hear the audio fine, then it will almost fast-forward to catch up. I noticed during this time that the GPU usage seemed to significantly drop, though i don't know if that is a cause or an affect. but i did notice last time it happened i got windows error reporting 1001 in the event viewer, which pointed to overwatch for a radar_pre_leak_64
- Sometimes website will not load, but its not an internet issue, it just... stops trying to load the page if that makes sense?
- Moving my mouse quickly over a chat like on twitch causes the animated emotes to get real hitchy

the noteworthy events in event viewer i was getting are:
- Kernel power 41 (63)
- WHEA logger 18 APIC 1, 7, 13, 11, 15
- kernel power 172 (203)

Specs:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3800XT
MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi (MS-7C90)
GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3070 Master 8G
RAM: 2x16 Corsair Vengeance cmk32gx4m2b3200c16
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 evo 500GB
Samsung SSD 870 evo 4TB
PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000
Monitors: 2x ASROCK PG32QF2B Phantom 32"
Windows 10 home
(Most of these parts are 3 years old or newer, except the samsung 850 iirc)

other than these issues it appears to run perfectly fine. Maybe a bit overkill on the PSU, but with the streaming equipment i have as well as my drawing tablet, i wanted to make sure I have enough power for everything.

- Been closely looking at temps and nothing seems to be overheating, or running at an insane %. CPU mhz got up there from what i saw on OCCT, but apparently that's pretty common for my CPU. tried running stress tests on OCCT, everything was fine, furmark was fine too.
- This was a fresh install of windows as i had about a month ago had bsod loop which the only solution was to do a fresh install of windows.
- Reinstalled graphics driver using DDU
- All drivers are up to date
- re-seated parts and made sure the connections were good, didn't see any signs of fraying cords or burn marks
- reset CMOS, which changed some bios setting like the mhz on the ram, system seems to run the same but now I'm seeing a Ntfs warning and error in event viewer (55 + 98) which says that my C drive has some corruption and requires a chkdsk scan, after doing so and restarting the pc i get the error and warning again
- have not updated bios yet, that is the next thing i plan on doing once i get my hands on a flash drive, though hoping i can avoid having to deal with more bios stuff.
- not overclocking anything as far as im aware

From what i've scoured online it seems like it may be a hardware issue, but unclear what part the issue may be, feel like i'm about at the point where i got to swap parts out. I was hoping you might be able to help me narrow this down and save me from this despair. thanks!
if you get errors in the processor with OCCT, check your memories, remove and try again one by one

Jun 26, 2024
run a memory test, the first thing i think i would look at is the memory then i would go to the graphics card you have
ran memtest86+ all day, everything passed. im assuming ram is most likely not the culprit. i ran furmark and the gpu stress test in OCCT and had no issues, is that sufficient enough evidence to rule out the gpu?

Jun 2, 2024
ran memtest86+ all day, everything passed. im assuming ram is most likely not the culprit. i ran furmark and the gpu stress test in OCCT and had no issues, is that sufficient enough evidence to rule out the gpu?
the next thing you look at if you find the first 2 ok , is your currents and basically the power supply, which I find a bit difficult to fault with the specific one you have.Let me ask you something else ..... with what cooling do you have the 3800XT?

Jun 26, 2024
the next thing you look at if you find the first 2 ok , is your currents and basically the power supply, which I find a bit difficult to fault with the specific one you have.Let me ask you something else ..... with what cooling do you have the 3800XT?
i cant seem to find any documentation that tells me what model (even in my receipts), but it is a Deep Cool, and i remember the model being very highly rated, cpu temps have been good from what I've seen.

Bit of an update though:
Updated my bios, haven't done tested to see if the crash is still happening, plan on doing that tonight, however there were some things that i noticed that might be worth mentioning?
-first is something that was happening occasionally before the bios update but it happened on first load up after the update is that sometimes my taskbar doesn't fully load, as in most of it is just black. works fine, seems to be just visual, but may be indicative of something?
-looking through event viewer after the update i noticed some new things that caught my eye, first being

kernal-pnp warning 225 (223)​
The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe with process id 3268 stopped the removal or ejection for the device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0B00&SUBSYS_1462EC90&REV_1000\5&4c28ee1&0&0001.​

as well as

Kernel-general info 16​
The access history in hive ??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Provisioning\Microsoft-Desktop-Provisioning-Sequence.dat was cleared updating 0 keys and creating 0 modified pages.​

last thing i saw was

Error 86 Certificateservicesclient-certenrollSCEP​
Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-ANHOT0F$ via https://amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:GetCACapsGetCACaps: Not Found{"Message":"The authority "amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net" does not exist."}HTTP/1.1 404 Not FoundDate: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 01:00:47 GMTContent-Length: 121Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8X-Content-Type-Options: nosniffStrict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomainsx-ms-request-id: 0b90392c-0bc0-4bfc-b594-0f2b1c4b4a83Method: GET(328ms)Stage: GetCACapsNot found (404). 0x80190194 (-2145844844 HTTP_E_STATUS_NOT_FOUND)​
i ran dism scan which showed "the component store is repairable", in which i ran the dism repair which seemed to fix it? ran sfc after and restarted and it looks like the first 2 things may be gone but the error 86 stayed.

pc seems to be running about the same all and all, though i will give it some testing rn... does this info help diagnose this in any way? i did notice some people in forums with similar issues to what i have been having when i googled the errors and warnings...

Jun 2, 2024
you have passed the latest drivers for the chipset?
I would do a test to do a clean installation of windows on another disk ssd
to see what's really happening

Jun 2, 2024
I also insist on the cooling system you have, at least I would open it, clean it and apply new thermal paste (I've only been using mx-'19 for the last 5-6 years).if you can, I would like you to upload a photo of the cooler you have so I can see what it is...because the processor you have is quite hot

Jun 26, 2024
I also insist on the cooling system you have, at least I would open it, clean it and apply new thermal paste (I've only been using mx-'19 for the last 5-6 years).if you can, I would like you to upload a photo of the cooler you have so I can see what it is...because the processor you have is quite hot
it looks like a DeepCool Gammax C40, thermal paste was recently applied ~4 months ago, cpu temp when idle ~45C, when gaming and doing stuff no more than 70C.

I also have the latest chipset drivers from the MSI website, but i noticed the ones you linked from AMD are different, should i prioritize updating from one site over the other? i was doing it from MSI because i assumed it was more tailored for my specific board I'll make sure to try the other suggestions after we get the chipset thing sorted

I'm starting to suspect it may be my 850 evo as it appears to only have a life of ~5 years and i've had it for maybe just under double that. (as well as all the errors regarding the C drive... could that be a plausible cause for all the issues i've been seeing?

Jun 2, 2024
no msi , from amd and finallly remember if continued turn tpm disabled from your bios , something has been damaged in the past without you realizing it and that's why I referred you before and for a clean install on another disk.