Question PC crashing. Need help Troubleshooting

Jul 21, 2022
First of all this is my build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI)
RAM: 16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1332MHz (20-19-19-43)
MoBo: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B450M-A II (AM4)
Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 (SATA )
PSU: CX Series™ CX650M — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified Modular ATX

The problem: When playing some games and not always I will suddently lose both audio and display being left with just a black screen on my monitor (but there's signal otherwise my monitor would give me a "no signal" alert box), the fans keep running and I can also hear the HDD still running.

All the components are less than a year old except for the GPU which is a used one I got from a friend (It has not been OC or tampered in any way tho), heres the catch, I had a Zotac GTX 1050Ti until last week but I had this problem for a couple months now and I thought it was a GPU error (The only video I saw of someone having a similar problem was due to GPU overheating) so at first I changed the thermal paste of the 1050Ti but the error was still there and then I just bought the 1060.

I have already updated the NVIDIA/Chipset/LAN drivers, I already tried changing my ram to other sockets, I changed the GPU. Any other ideas?

The problem: When playing some games and not always I will suddently lose both audio and display being left with just a black screen on my monitor (but there's signal otherwise my monitor would give me a "no signal" alert box), the fans keep running and I can also hear the HDD still running.

All the components are less than a year old except for the GPU which is a used one I got from a friend (It has not been OC or tampered in any way tho), heres the catch, I had a Zotac GTX 1050Ti until last week but I had this problem for a couple months now and I thought it was a GPU error (The only video I saw of someone having a similar problem was due to GPU overheating) so at first I changed the thermal paste of the 1050Ti but the error was still there and then I just bought the 1060.

I have already updated the NVIDIA/Chipset/LAN drivers, I already tried changing my ram to other sockets, I changed the GPU. Any other ideas?
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (version 3802 with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.03.06 that's installed. The Asus one listed the old drivers, so better try to use the latest ones.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, put ram on slot A2 (slot 2) since its single channel, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 8 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (version 3802 with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.06.xx that's installed. The Asus one listed the old drivers, so better try to use the latest ones.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, put ram on slot A2 (slot 2) since its single channel, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022
    unknown.png

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.03.06 that's installed. The Asus one listed the old drivers, so better try to use the latest ones.

unknown.png

Thanks for the reply, I followed the steps until the disable CSM part, If I disable CSM I cannot boot to windows, It will send me directly to the BIOS.