Jun 3, 2020
Hello,

I purchased a pre-built PC and have had non stop issues with it. I have installed my own GPU, USB card and aftermarket CPU fan however the card was fine in my previous PC, the fan temperatures are not overly hot and the crashes were happening before I installed the USB card. The RAM in the PC is overclocked FYI, but nothing else is.

The issues range from BSOD with various error codes (logs attached) to games crashing to my PC entirely or freezing in the middle of a game with absolutely nothing being responsive (even the keyboard caps light does not respond to the caps lock being pressed) leading me to have to hard restart the PC. There are also lots of errors in my reliability history and event viewer, which worries me.

The games I play are World of Warcraft and Valorant and have experienced issues in both however it is much rarer in World of Warcraft and fairly frequently in Valorant. I believe the kernel level driver for the Valorant anti-cheat Vanguard is somehow causing my PC to crash however that is just a hunch.

I have tried nearly everything I can possibly find to try and diagnose and fix this issue myself but nothing works. For reference I have uninstalled and re-installed Valorant and reset my PC using the windows tool to reinstall a clean OS. I have also confirmed that my BIOS version is up to date.

Here is a zip file which should contain the logs for the last 4 BSOD's I have had.

https://filebin.net/tdlm7wkfu5d6d2qd

Here is an image of my reliability history to highlight the non stop issues - is this normal?
They are all either hardware errors or system shutdown unexpectedly. The one from yesterday has the information:
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: fffff88b968a86b0
Parameter 3: 40010002
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_18363
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Any and all help will be appreciated and I will try and reply as quickly as possibly with any extra information that you need.

Thank you!

Jun 3, 2020
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardGigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE: DDR4, USB 3.1 - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Last edited: