[SOLVED] Pc crashing under high gpu load

Jan 25, 2022
Hello,

A couple of years ago I built a pc, specs below, and as far as I can remember it’s always had an issue under high GPU load, I believe that it has always crashed under high loads, but recently I've been playing more games that actually have graphics. So, because I would actually like to be able to use my pc I've been trying to fix it and after a lot of troubleshooting, I've gotten pretty much nowhere. At first, I thought it was a temp issue since my case has terrible airflow, but now I don't think it is since I've tried undervolting with some success, as well as trying to run my pc with external fans on it just to see if it was a temp issue. I've reinstalled drivers and everything and I have no idea what else to try.

For troubleshooting, since I first thought it might be my CPU I ran some long benchmarks but my CPU seems to be fine and cool. For my GPU I have been running heaven benchmark and my pc pretty consistently crashes after about 10 minutes. Other than this I don't know many other benchmarks I can try like for my PSU which is another thing that could easily be the issue.

Pc specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Kraken x63
GPU: Evga Geforce RTX 2060
Motherboard: msi MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi
Ram: Corsair Vengeance rgb Pro 16gb
PSU: Corsair CX550M
SSD: Honestly I don't remember but it's like 250Gb
Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB or something I think
Case: NZXT h510

Please let me know if you might know what's going on or have any suggestions on further troubleshooting. Oh and also the kind of crashes are always the same, complete computer crashes, everything off and I have to switch the PSU switch to get it back on.