Question PC Deadlock Freezes and sometimes BSOD

Dec 30, 2022
For as long as I can remember my PC when mostly playing any game or even sometimes on google or the desktop it deadlock freezes, So i have to turn off the PC from the switch and turn it back on. In the event manager I get code 41 Kernel-power.

I also sometimes get BSOD, some of the faults were, system thread exception not handled, system service exception, whea uncorrectable error.

I have swapped parts for the computer like motherboard, ram, pcu, cpu, gpu and I have updated all drivers and completly formatted all my drives and re-installed windows multiple times.

My Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
CPU: AMD fx-9590
PCU: Evga 850g gold
RAM: 4x Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard: ASUS 970 pro gaming/aura
Cooling: Corsair h115i rgb pro xt

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

For as long as I can remember my PC when mostly playing any game or even sometimes on google or the desktop it deadlock freezes, So i have to turn off the PC from the switch and turn it back on. In the event manager I get code 41 Kernel-power.

I also sometimes get BSOD, some of the faults were, system thread exception not handled, system service exception, whea uncorrectable error.

I have swapped parts for the computer like motherboard, ram, pcu, cpu, gpu and I have updated all drivers and completly formatted all my drives and re-installed windows multiple times.

My Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
CPU: AMD fx-9590
PCU: Evga 850g gold
RAM: 4x Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard: ASUS 970 pro gaming/aura
Cooling: Corsair h115i rgb pro xt

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Try a different wall socket but make sure it's not on the same breaker.

Dec 30, 2022
Event 41 can be thrown from you flipping the switch. What else is going on in Event Viewer?

What temps are you seeing?

If this has been happening a long time, what was the previous GPU?

How old is that PSU?
In the evnt viewer I see warning: 10016
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
Just before the freezing

The temps im seeing is roughly 36 degrees on the CPU when on desktop and increases roughly to the 40s when playing games. the GPU is putting temps of around 45-65 but I do currently have the side of the case off which has two fans on it.

This is a brand new GPU installed today and the old one I had was Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti, which I had for about 5 years with no problems until about last year with the freezing.

The PSU im not too sure because I bought it second hand in August because I had an Evga 700B Bronze. I changed it because of the freezing and was testing components.

go into bios and either update it or reset it to defaults or click on any item, change it and change it back then save the settings and reboot.

scan your drive for memory dumps *.dmp
or look for a minidump and put them on a server, share them out for public access and post a link.
the diagnostic dump will indicate why windows shut down the system via bugcheck.

the log entries are not helpful, they are just warnings that microsoft never got around to fixing before they shipped. Everyone gets this in their logs, kind of annoying.
if your cooler has a USB connection, then go into windows device manager, find the usb host, right click and find the power management tab and make sure windows in not letting the device sleep.

sleeping cooler= spike in temp that triggers the motherboard protection circuits that can reset your cpu and cause bugcheck 0x124 depending on the brand of the power supply.

Last edited: