PC display turns off, pc fans go very loud

JADOLLA

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Hello, so about 2 months ago, i built my very first PC. Everything went well until a few days ago, where the PC's display randomly blacks out, and all fans starts going crazy, until i reset the computer. this is the 4th time it happens. Sometimes i play games while the PC is at max capacity and nothing happens, and sometimes while i'm browsing the internet the problem occurs. CPU temps are normal at about 60-65C while gaming, while GPU temps go up to 93C, which is normal for a FE card. I dust off my computer using canned air once a week. And the PC is overclocked using ASUS's EZ tuning setup. I updated my BIOS to the latest version (1701), after the problem started occurring

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6850k OC @ 4.1GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000MHz (BIOS states that its using 2400MHz) 16GB
Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Storage: 240GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD + Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 3TB Seagate HDD

Solution
UPDATE: Turned out while cleaning the PC internally, i accidentally removed the 2-pin connector on the 8-pin power plug. its been about a week after i plugged the cables back, and i had no problems since.

JADOLLA

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
UPDATE: Turned out while cleaning the PC internally, i accidentally removed the 2-pin connector on the 8-pin power plug. its been about a week after i plugged the cables back, and i had no problems since.

Solution