PC: do multiplayer cheats exist?

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I've been doing multiplayer pretty heavily for a few months now. It
seems that some players are just too good to believe. Like, to kill me
with three pistol shots from 100 yards. Guys in a 16-man game with
kill:death ratios of 10:1 or better. I'm thinking aimbots. Are there
such? What other cheats are available? (I don't want to know how to get
them; I just want to know if they exist.)

Someone

Leon wrote:
> I've been doing multiplayer pretty heavily for a few months now. It
> seems that some players are just too good to believe. Like, to kill me
> with three pistol shots from 100 yards. Guys in a 16-man game with
> kill:death ratios of 10:1 or better. I'm thinking aimbots. Are there
> such? What other cheats are available? (I don't want to know how to get
> them; I just want to know if they exist.)
I honestly don't know. I've seen modded maps, weapons, etc. but nothing
like that.

"Someone" <someone@somewhere.something> wrote in message
> Leon wrote:
>> I've been doing multiplayer pretty heavily for a few months now. It seems
>> that some players are just too good to believe. Like, to kill me with
>> three pistol shots from 100 yards. Guys in a 16-man game with kill:death
>> ratios of 10:1 or better. I'm thinking aimbots. Are there such? What
>> other cheats are available? (I don't want to know how to get them; I just
>> want to know if they exist.)
> I honestly don't know. I've seen modded maps, weapons, etc. but nothing
> like that.

There are two questions there. One: I don't know of any cheats. Two: lag and
its converse, host advantage, easily accounts for seemingly godliness. That
and mastering the few basics of play. Aimbots are ridiculously unnecessary.
Pull a little lead on moving targets. In case it needs mentioning, use the
mouse rather than a gamepad for aiming.

Leon wrote:
> I've been doing multiplayer pretty heavily for a few months now. It
> seems that some players are just too good to believe. Like, to kill me
> with three pistol shots from 100 yards. Guys in a 16-man game with
> kill:death ratios of 10:1 or better. I'm thinking aimbots. Are there
> such? What other cheats are available? (I don't want to know how to get
> them; I just want to know if they exist.)

No, some people are just that good and spend that much time playing Halo...

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@gmail.com>
Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

"Someone" <someone@somewhere.something> wrote in message
> Leon wrote:
>> I've been doing multiplayer pretty heavily for a few months now. It
>> seems that some players are just too good to believe. Like, to kill
>> me with three pistol shots from 100 yards. Guys in a 16-man game with
>> kill:death ratios of 10:1 or better. I'm thinking aimbots. Are there
>> such? What other cheats are available? (I don't want to know how to
>> get them; I just want to know if they exist.)
> I honestly don't know. I've seen modded maps, weapons, etc. but
> nothing like that.

Same here. I have seen players that really are that good. But just 3
shots? I think if your shields are a little low, yes. But it takes 4
headshots in a row from the pistol to drop you if your shields and
health are both 100%. Two sniper rifle rounds to the head. However,
if your S & H are full and you pick up an overshield, you'll survive a
Scorpion canon round :)
For a year my son trained new clan members for team competition. Every
now and then I'd drop in on their server to see what kind of mischief I
could stir up. I'm hell with a Hog and love playing a modded
Bloodgulch map. Matter of fact, it was the first stable mod for Halo PC
I know of. "Gunner Drives Hog (and shoots at the same time)" mod. But
everyone playing on a server running that modded map needs to have the
same one. Else, cries of "CHEATER!" come up all over :) Some call
that a cheat, but it's really just a simple map mod.
For my son and the people he trained, they ALL prefer the pistol to any
other weapon in Halo. It has a little zoom plus the rate of fire is
fast, it carries plenty of ammo and its accuracy is as perfect as the
sniper rifles. You can get 4 rounds into an enemy faster than you can
fire one round and chamber another with the sniper rifle. The pistol is
a lot smaller, much easier to run n shoot. But practice for accuracy
is a must.
McG.

"Darryl Pierce" <mcpierce@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Leon wrote:
>> I've been doing multiplayer pretty heavily for a few months now. It
>> seems that some players are just too good to believe. Like, to kill
>> me with three pistol shots from 100 yards. Guys in a 16-man game with
>> kill:death ratios of 10:1 or better. I'm thinking aimbots. Are there
>> such? What other cheats are available? (I don't want to know how to
>> get them; I just want to know if they exist.)
>
> No, some people are just that good and spend that much time playing
> Halo...

Ya got that right!
McG.

> "Darryl Pierce" <mcpierce@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Leon wrote:
> >> I've been doing multiplayer pretty heavily for a few months now. It
> >> seems that some players are just too good to believe. Like, to kill
> >> me with three pistol shots from 100 yards. Guys in a 16-man game with
> >> kill:death ratios of 10:1 or better. I'm thinking aimbots. Are there
> >> such? What other cheats are available? (I don't want to know how to
> >> get them; I just want to know if they exist.)
> >
> > No, some people are just that good and spend that much time playing
> > Halo...
>
> Ya got that right!
> McG.

I've achieved results like you describe. There aren't any aimbots. The
only cheat I've seen is dev trainers when people are self-hosting a game.
For example they make themselves (nearly) invulnerable. But on a dedicated
server game, no such cheats exist. All they can do is modify the
parrameters of how things work, but it effects everybody equally.

One exception is using a 3rd person viewpoint which gives the person some
advantage of seeing around obstacles and such, but renders their aiming much
less effective. So, for reconnasaince it's useful, but in combat, it's a
detriment.

3 shot kills with the pistol at 100 yards isn't that tough to do once you
get used to the lag (ie, adjust your lead) on the particular server you're
on.

-Russ.

waynor

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
They most certainly do exist.. I bought some off thisMultiplayer Cheats site ... Most of them worked though I had some trouble with the older games it's just pretty cool me and a buddy had some fun a few weekends back using the battlefield 2 hacks but I can definately understand why alot of people hate them and I just use them occasionally for kicks