Question PC does not boot, any further tips?

Apr 6, 2024
Hey,

Ive built a PC approximatly four months ago. But today I ran into a problem which I could not resolve by my own.
I have noticed on this AM5 system that every 2-3 weeks, the boot cycle takes 5 minutes. I always thought thats because of the new platform. Usually I wait this time or it also worked to press the power LED one time more, then the system would power down and I can start again with a normal boot cycle that time.

Same happend today. I turned it off and started again. But now the power led of the mainboard (Asrock b650i lightning wifi) keeps blinking at around 2Hz. Goining after the manual, that means "blinking till BFD" with the discription "DRAM overclocking failed" (page 40 of the manual). First of all, what is BFD?

Secondly, I waited ~30 minutes without anything happening. I started my usual troubleshooting steps (which is extremly painful in my SFF build by the way). This consisted of trying out single ram (32GB Gskill Flare 6000Mhz, EXPO ready), resetting BIOS ~5 times via jumper and battery and running of onboard graphics (r5 7600) without a GPU in the Pcie slot. I dont think its a problem with my power supply, because its a fresh SF750, which is a good psu in general.

I honestly dont know what to do next. My only idea is to just let the system do whatever it is doing for a long time and hope its gonna fix itself. Ive heard that in rare cases DDR5 takes longer than half an hour to boot after a BIOS reset. On first boot four months ago I think it took about 15min in my system

I would be grateful for any help you can provide.

Cheers

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time(if you can recall).

Did you recycle any part form your older build? I'm assuming you had a PC prior to the one that's throwing up issues now.

Apr 6, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time(if you can recall).

Did you recycle any part form your older build? I'm assuming you had a PC prior to the one that's throwing up issues now.
Okay, I dont think most of the info has to do with the problem, but I will stick to the forum standards then:

CPU: AMD r5 7600
CPU Cooler: Alpenföhn Panorama 2
RAM: 32GB Gskill Flare X5 6000Mhz
Mainboard: Asrock B650i lightning wifi
SSD: some 1TB nvme, I think crucial
GPU: MSI RTX 4070 Ventus
PSU: Corsair SF750
Case: Velkase Velka 5
Monitor: Some AOC full hd 144Hz (it is working 100%)

Since this is my first SFF build, all the parts were purchased new (~4/5 months ago) and none was reused of my old parts. I dont remeber the Bios version, but since i cleared cmos it should be back to factory standard version.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS